twenty five

a/n: long time no see so quick update they went camping and kenzie skinny dipped and johnny was like shit and then they planned to go to the beach as a group woo okie and ( trigger warning) long flashback that's related to this chapter we found out a while ago ashton raped joeys sister so if you forgot that would make this chapter confusing x

slightly triggering i think? harassing and maybe mentions of sexual assault

dads🤰🏻

kenziezieg
so i'm waiting for our ice creams

kenziezieg
that ashton guy is here

annielebonk
don't talk to him

kenziezieg
he trying to talk to me

kenziezieg
i don't like ignoring people

joeybirlem
tell him to fuck off

haydensummerall
^^^

kenziezieg
he trying to make small talk

johnnyorlando
which ice cream shop

annielebonk
the green one

annielebonk
unless she walked to the wrong one lmao

kenziezieg
yeah the green one

mattsato
johnny on his way sksks

kenziezieg
i'm fine he isn't doing anything i was just letting y'all know

annielebonk
i don't trust the dickhead so

kenziezieg
he's got his ice creams so he is leaving so all good now go swim

kenzie watched as the guy grabbed his ice cream, hoping he'd finally leave. she felt uncomfortable around him by just knowing what he had done to joeys sister. he deserves to rot in jail.

"i'll wait for you, no fun to wait for ice cream alone." ashton winked as he stood next to kenzie again; his eyes wandering slightly.

mackenzie immediately regretted not sliding her top and shorts back on over her bikini, but everyone in here was in there swimwear - the beach was walking distance.

"oh i'm all good." kenzie said with a forced laugh. she wasn't one to be rude to people, even though she knew she had all right to as she knew this guy was far from a good guy.

"nah don't worry about it." ashton grinned, his free arm landing on the small of her back, causing kenzie to jump away quite quickly.

luckily kenzie heard her name being called out and walked up the counter quickly, grabbing the cardboard tray that had 6 ice creams placed in it.

heading for the door, she let out a breath when ashton continued to walk with her. "i reckon you should let me show you around, you haven't been here long right?" ashton hummed, walking quite close to her.

"oh i need to get back to my friends." kenzie smiled as she shook her head, starting to gradually turn towards one of the many entrances to the sand. one that was not where her friends were but she wanted to get away from this guy as soon as possible.

"oh i'll join you, just come with me to put my phone back in my car real quick?" he asked, a small smirk on his lips as he grabbed kenzies wrist lightly to stop her from walking off.

"no i should really get back," kenzie spoke, not bothering with her fake smile anymore as she quickly pulled her hand away. red flags were starting to pop up.

"come on if won't take too long." he hummed, stepping slightly closer with raised eyebrows, the look in his eyes giving it all away.

"my friends will be-" kenzie started to speak again as she stepped back, before being interrupted by him grabbing her wrist. much tighter than before as he yanked her slightly closer.

"how about you stop playing hard to get?" ashton spoke, staring down at her. mackenzie trying to tug her arm away get but his grip being too tight.

before she could say anything, someone interjected.

"get your fucking hands off her ashton." johnny was heard, approaching the two. he has daggers in his eyes, if looks could kill ashton would he dead. kenzie let out a sigh of relief she didn't know she was holding.

"you always pop up at the wrong times orlando." ashton huffed, his hand letting go of mackenzies wrist who stood back out of instinct.

"you're a piece of shit." johnny grumbled as he reached the two, stepping in between ashton and kenzie. ashton was simply smirking while kenzie was hoping johnny didn't do anything stupid.

"gonna beat me up again? i was outnumbered last time. i don't see your friends anywhere right now." ashton scoffed, raising his eyebrows.

"get the fuck out of here before joey lays eyes on you and kills you." johnny spoke, his jaw was clenched and if these were different circumstances kenzie would be paying attention to how hot he looked right now.

"what? he's not over that yet?" ashton laughed, making kenzie want to throw up in disgusting. how heartless can you be?

before kenzie could stop him, johnny's fist connected with ashton's jaw. forcefully too. kenzies jaw dropped slightly as ashton stumbled to the ground.

"come on." johnny muttered to kenzie, kenzie no having any hesitation in walking off with him. ashton seemed to have no interest in fighting back.

"sorry about that." he hummed, his jaw was still slightly clenched which told kenzie he was obviously still mad. which she understood completely.

"he deserved it." she replied, glancing to him. she didn't condone violence but she thought that was an appropriate action from johnny and ashton was lucky that he didn't do anything else. she doesn't even want to think about what joey did when he saw him.

"you can say that again." johnny hummed, the pair heading back to the beach where there friends would be. the ice creams were melted but kenzie didn't really care.

"thanks," kenzie hummed after a little bit of silence, smiling towards johnny. she doesn't want to jump to conclusions but ashton wasn't really taking kenzies no for an answer and only let go when johnny showed up.

"no need to thank me." johnny replied, glancing down at her with a small smile. a rare thing for kenzie to see johnny with a genuine smile. it was usually a smirk or grin.

— end of chapter 25 —

a/n: just a reminder these characters personalities and actions are made up by me. i'm in no way saying ashton is like this in real life.