|Fifty-Six|

"What d-does that mean?" Fear crept in me, my voice came out shaky. The worst possible scenario crossing my mind from the conclusion I could draw from his words.

It was just a dream, wasn't it? It wouldn't be anything serious, just a bad dream which coincidentally, we both happened to dreamt about.

No matter how much I tried to assure myself, I wasn't a fool but I didn't want to admit. I didn't want my dream to become a reality or anything close to it. I didn't want to lose Xerxes or Karl or any of our pack members.

Xerxes remained quiet not answering me, not meeting my questioning, fear filled gaze. He seemed to be deep in thought, and I left him alone with his thoughts because I had too much on my mind.

'Alpha King.'

My shoulders straighten when I heard Damien's voice in Xerxes' head through the mind link.

My eyes snapped to Xerxes but he was staring at the wall intently. He replied to Damien after a beat, 'What is it?'

My brows furrowed in confusion when I heard their conversations in my head. I wasn't aware how I was able to hear them, it had never happened before.

Perhaps, Xerxes left the link opened unintentionally and that's how I was able to hear them but it was not possible until now. I was hardly able to mindlink Xerxes and the fact that I could hear them both in my head was was quite astonishing yet exciting.

'Celestial is here.'

'Not now.'

'But he's here as per your orders, Alpha King.'

'I said, Not. Now.'

I could sense the change in his mood through the mindlink. He cut the mindlink and I took it as an opportunity to shuffle closer, holding his hands, plastering a smile on my face.

He instantly calmed down and tucked a strand of my tresses behind my ear. "You should go and meet Celestial. It seems like he came all the way here to meet you." I spoke slowly, trying to make him understand.

His eyes slightly narrowed on me and I retracted my words wondering if I said something wrong but I was pretty certain I didn't say anything wrong.

"How did you know?" He asked gruffly.

I blinked at his question, confused by it for a second until it struck me. He didn't know I heard him and Damien. "Oh, I heard Damien inform you about his arrival." I said it like it was no big deal and it was not but his reaction was unexpected.

Surprise registered in his eyes and he pulled back a little, looking at me intently that had me creasing my forehead.

"What?" I deadpanned.

"How did you hear it?" He was reacting way too surprise at such a small thing or was he?

"Mindlink, duh." I giggled shaking my head at him.

'Meryl.'

My brows furrowed when I heard his voice in my head. "Why are you using mindlink, I am right here." I frowned.

"Try replying me through the link, love." He muttered softly, his brows creased.

Nodding, I tried to do what he told me to. My brows creased and I tried to concentrate before using the mindlink. I felt him and smiled before mindlinking him, 'Yes, Xerxes.'

Grinning broadly, I uttered, "I think the mating strengthen our bond." I blushed a little when I used the word mating.

Xerxes nodded his head, rubbing his thumb over my ample of my cheek. "It certainly has and we have to meet Celestial like you have wanted me to, now."