music • yuugo

Yuugo was too much of a coward to talk to you. All he could do was stand in behind the corner and listen to your wonderful music. Every strum of your guitar made his heart beat along to your melody. He would close his eyes and smile, listening to every note. He would never miss a chance to listen to the music you make.

"Just go talk to her already. It's such a pain to see you not making any progress since we were first years."

"Shut it, Lucas! I don't even know what to say to her!"

Yuugo would fidget in his seat. He would be sweating anxiously. His lonesome eyes would watch you laugh and smile with your friends. Admittedly, Lucas always tried to push him to take the first step, and Yuugo was thankful that he did.

As it was on a fateful day, he gathered up the courage to finally introduce himself. He follows his usual path to the rooftop. He hears you playing stunningly as always. Out comes a huff of nervousness. He waited until you stopped playing.

"You can come out now."

He peeks out of the corner, eyes wide as saucers. You had a faint but evident smirk on your fair face.

"H-How did you...?!"

"I can kinda sense you over there, so..."

You were almost to be third years, but you still made time for each other despite the heavy toll that the prep exams take on you. Yuugo started to get real close to you. He sat beside you whenever you played your guitar and he would nod along to your music. He would eat lunch with you. He would invite Lucas sometimes as well. In the morning and after school, he would be there to walk with you.
It hit you at some point. You just realized, one day, that you were falling in love hard. Well, you fell in love with him since the beginning, so who's to say you can't fall for him again?
Simply enough, you pour your feelings into your guitar. Yuugo noticed that when you played a little differently that day.

"Are you excited about something?"

"How could you tell?"

"Your tempo's faster. Usually, you make long strums that make you calm. Today, you're playing like something's sparking you up."

"Sparking me up? Weird way to put it, but you're close."

He watched you carefully. Your dainty hands that he wanted to hold, your soft lips that he wanted to kiss so badly, your wonder-filled eyes that he wanted to stare into for an eternity, your body that he wanted to pull close, your everything. And you're everything to him.

On subconscious impulse, he turned your head to look at him and locks his lips onto yours. Now your eyes were as wide as saucers. Your was heart beating too fast for comfort. Then, Yuugo pulled away.

"I-I'm sorry I did-!"

But you pulled him back into another kiss before he could say anything else.

Every day after that was filled with the same kind of love, happiness, and music. After graduation, Yuugo gave you the second button on his uniform and declared his love for you in front of the entire school.

Now that you're adults, everything stayed the same. Happily married for five years, you and Yuugo continue to live peacefully while raising your four-year-old child.

the end.