thirteen - slut shaming

sigh

-

When I woke, I honestly had no idea where I was and for a moment - I wasn't sure that I wanted to find out. 

I'm snapped out of a deep sleep to the sound of Mr Raye blowing a whistle and screaming words about getting up. The sound of his voice made my head pound and I could already feel slight memories of last night filling my mind. I didn't really want to allow myself to remember though, because I was sure that whatever had happened was not so great. 

I peel my eyes open slowly, realising that I was still in the middle of nowhere and in some tent, which I don't quite remember being the one Becca and I had brought to share. The tent smelt like cologne and alcohol, which told me that this was going to be a disaster. It was that 'boy' smell, meaning that I was in a tent with a male. I begin to wince as I remember how the night had ended, not remembering in too much detail but enough to know that Luke Hemmings had his hands down my trousers.

Fuck. The thought of it made my head pound even more, wishing that I could just go back in time. It was going to not only be awkward with Luke, but I had allowed a stranger to just touch me in that way. It's not like I was the only girl to get drunk and do something like this, but for a dork like me - this was a little bit out of my comfort zone. I had only ever kissed one dude before, now I had made out and done some shit with Luke Hemmings.

I roll over, letting out a yelp with the pain in my head. I soon realise that I was tucked up and rolled into a sleeping bag, which I didn't remember getting into last night - not that I had remembered a lot anyway. I look around the empty tent, realising that I was alone. However, before I'm about to sigh with relief - the tent door unzips and I'm soon greeted by a tired, messy haired boy.

"Morning," Luke speaks as he crawls back into the tent, fully dressed in his black ripped jeans and red flannel shirt. I look at him, not really knowing what to say or how to speak. It was clearly pretty awkward, I had no idea how the react in these situations. Was I meant to address the topic or just act like it never happened?

"Um, morning," I mumble, attempting to sit up a little - however struggling as I slide around in the sleeping bag.

Luke lets out a chuckle, before putting down a mug of tea which he was holding and helping me to sit up. I smile to him as I slouch against the delicate wall of the tent, causing the tent to tilt a little but I really didn't care. I just couldn't believe that I had allowed myself to actually get drunk last night, especially on a school trip.

"I made you some coffee," Luke says, as he slowly hands me the mug with a cartoon picture of a penguin on the side.

I observe the image carefully, before letting a small smile creep onto my lips. "Is this yours?"

"Um...no." Luke's eyes widen as he bites down on his lip as he looks to me, wondering if he was convincing enough. I give him a glare before he chuckles and nods his head. "I was, like, seven, alright?"

"It's cute." I take a sip of my coffee, closing my eyes as the warm liquid soothes my cold body. I was beginning to feel slightly better, but not better enough to now go on some dumb hike around the woods.

"So, we have to be ready in like fifteen minutes..." Luke bites on his lip ring, running his tongue slowly over the metal piece of jewellery before crawling over to where I'm sat and lingering his face near to mine. 

"Oh," I speak, not really finding many words with Luke's mouth being so close to mine. It was way too early for me to have to deal with this, I already had so many things running through my mind as I tried to jigsaw everything last night together - this clearly was not helping.