the wall

4am,
the perfect time for her to sneak out into the darkness that she hid beneath frequently. the wall. the wall is where she was heading, outside her house, the wall she often went to when she felt uneasy.

cold, the first thing i thought was how cold. in grey shorts and my oversized nike jumper i hoisted myself onto the wall that sat outside my house. pulling the bottle of vodka from my pocket i began to sip the burning liquid, crying to sad songs and drinking at four am had become a habit for me lately.

i was seventeen and scared. i tried searching for a feeling, a reason to live and i never did find it. so it led me here, clinging to drunken nights and people i claimed to love.

the air was clear tonight, stars shining for the first time in a long time. i felt at ease for once, partly at ease.

i didn't even notice him at fist so god knows how he got there or how long he'd been there, but then he spoke
"alright?"
the light illuminated his perfect face, and his smile. i didn't know it then, but that crooked smile would ruin me in the end.

dressed in ripped black jeans and a soft leather jacket i couldn't help but smile.
"hi" i barley whispered
"you okay?" he asked
"i'm ... yeah i'm good" i replied softly
he squinted at first, looking at me sideways
"if you're okay, why, are you on a wall, in the cold may i add?"
"you, you have a good point there"
"ha i often do love" he said before jumping up beside me, he smelt like cigarettes and aftershave
"i'm matty and you are?"
"grace"
he struck his hand out to shake mine, and that's where the real conversation sparked
"so" he said looking at me with his deep chocolate eyes,
"grace with the sad smile and half empty vodka bottle, whats your story"