Chapter 16 - Lock in the castle

A/N: I have nothing to say. You guys know how much I think that art is amazingly cute. (Shouthouts to new words)

Still Kris' POV

"Heheheh... You poor Lightners... We were told to keep you imprisoned for eternity... too bad!" An unknown voice said. I opened my eyes slowly, blinking many times in the process. "Would have loved to see you guys punished!! Hahaha!!" The person shut and I heard footsteps.

When the footsteps started to get lower and lower, my senses came back. My shoulder was hurting and scratches were all over my body. I looked to Ralsei and she was scratching her left arm.

"O... Ow... Well this is a fine, how-do-you-do, isn't it, Kris?" Ralsei tried to think positively. "Imprisoned for eternity... That sounds like it might take a while." Ralsei spoke, realizing our destiny. Despite being locked in the cage for the rest of my life I thought positively.

Well, at least I'm with her... Perhaps it isn't that bad. What am I saying...!? I need to get out of here.

I sat on the floor, thinking about how could I escape and Ralsei inspected the cell as well until she turned to me with a concerned face.

"And Susie! Where's Susie!? We have to find her, Kris... Before she gets hurt!" Ralsei panicked by realizing that the pink monster wasn't among us. "Or, um, hurts someone else... Maybe there's something we can escape with in here...?"

I started to look for things useful to escape. Nothing seemed to be useful in the cell at first.

Can we really call this a prison? I didn't receive a mint, a pillow or anything.

After about twenty seconds of looking, I found a moss on the floor near the hall. I went there to inspect it. It was green and seemed quite tasty. Saliva started to fall from my mouth as I stared at the tasty moss. Unexplanietly, I had an immense wish to try it.

Hm... Look at that tasty moss! So green and lively! How about I give it a quick try...? No one will mind that I'm sure. I'm perpetuating the life cycle. Life cannot exist without consuming. Even moss drinks water. I should eat moss so the cycle continues. Yep, that's the right thing!

My hand reached the moss, feeling the wet green plant. I was about to eat it but then I remembered that Ralsei was watching me. I peeked...

She was sitting on the floor, playing with rocks and not paying attention to me. With a quick gesture, I consumed the moss. It tasted really good and mossy... Perhaps even better than the Dark Candies.

Little parts of the moss were on the corners off my lips. I used my tongue to clean them off because I didn't want Ralsei to see what I did.

After having a delicious snack, I searched for anything that could help me get out. I saw a wall that was damaged and had a hole. I looked to the hole and inside was... More wall.

I sighed and looked yet again for something.

Behind Ralsei were some oddly fashionable iron shackles which gave me an idea. I pushed some of the walls and equipped. I placed them on my pulses like bracelets and one around my neck like a scarf. Finally some armor.