t w e n t y f o u r

I STARE OUT across the over grown field and lean back against the seats in the next row up

I STARE OUT across the over grown field and lean back against the seats in the next row up. It had been raining all day and when it finally stopped, Noah and I decided to take advantage of it and sit outside on the bleachers.

"Hey, Hayden." Noah calls as I glance down at him as his big ass head lay in my lap, "Did you hear about that italian chef that died?"

My eyes widen in shock, "No, what happened?"

"He pasta away." Noah finishes his joke with a loud, amused laugh. I stare at him with the most blank expression I could muster.

"I hope you pasta away." I retort with an evil smirk plastered across my face.

"How can people believe you are cute when you are actually satan? Just curious." Noah replies up at me as I roll my eyes and let out a small little chuckle. I felt like I needed a cigarette pinched between two fingers to finish off the aesthetic of this situation. Overcast sky, metal bleachers, a dark surrounding forest. But then I remembered I'm a pussy and I don't even smoke.

"Quick question, do you know where Chase goes to blow off some steam?" I question subtly, trying not to sound too invested in Chase's extra-curriculars, "I know he's into some shady shit and I was wondering where said shady shit takes place."

Noah angles his neck as he frowns up at me, "How do you know about that?"

"Vera told me about it." I inform him with a small shrug, "Plus he came back to the dorm three weeks ago, all bloodied and bruised and I had to stitch him up."

"Well that would've been a blow to his ego." Noah scoffs and alI laugh along. That's what I'm here for, keeping people humble and actually alive. "Okay, I'm not suppose to tell you this so don't tell Chase I told you because otherwise he'll shove his foot so far up my ass the doctors will have to pick his toes from my teeth."

Yup. That sounded exactly like my roommate.

"I've only tagged along once way back in sophomore year because it was so fucking terrifying I almost peed my pants, so I don't even know if it's still there. But it was at an old boxing gym in Madison that's used as an underground fighting arena." Noah explains as I shive my hands into the pocket of my black coat covering my denim jacket.

I grin childishly at him, "So, are you up for a little adventure?"

"Will it involve us dying?"

"It's Tuesday. I know how to restrain myself." I announce proudly, leaning back on my hands as I pull my shoulders back and smile. I glance at Noah through my bottom lashes, seeing him not impressed in the slighest.

"You absolutely do not." Noah groans as he sits up and I stand, grabbing my bag and pulling it onto my shoulder. I smile down at him.

"I'll come over to your dorm after dinner and we can plan everything." I state before swinging my leg over the bench and making my way down the rusted bleachers.