FORTY-THREE , THE BEAST

( please read the note at the end )

"You can't even see the shaved patch," Lydia reassured Harper as she finished making soft curls in the brunette's thick hair, "you look beautiful, Harps."

Harper looked up at the strawberry blonde who stood behind her in the vanity mirror, a soft smile crossing her face. Lydia patted Harper's shoulders, sending one back.

Just as she was switching off the curling wand, a figure moved into the doorframe. Stiles leaned against it, proudly watching as Harper attempted to get back to normal only a couple of days after everything had happened.

Everybody knew to give her a little space. She'd just been through the most traumatic experience of her life and watched her own father's head get blown to pieces. Despite despising the man, it was like the child inside her was upset about it- the part of her that had good memories with him. The bigger half of her, however, saw it as a relief.

Now that she had physically watched him die, there was no way in hell he was coming back. Her family couldn't hurt her anymore, because now she really didn't have any left. But during her couple of days of just sitting in bed, she'd come to realise that blood-family truly was overrated anyway.

Other than Rose and her mother, none of her other family would have gone through the trouble that her friends did to save her. They put everything on the line for her and so she was going to be forever grateful.

Stiles knocked lightly on the bedroom door, despite it being open. Harper and Lydia both turned, Lydia sending him a nod and a smile before leaving the room. The Stilinski boy shut the door behind her and walked over to stand behind Harper, ducking down and wrapping his arms around her body loosely.

"I have the most beautiful girlfriend in the world," he announced, leaning to kiss her neck.

Harper blushed, looking down at the table. He noticed that she had been a little quieter than before, but Melissa said that was common with people that had gone through traumatic things. Hopefully, she'd be back to herself soon, but until then nobody was rushing her.

They'd told her about what had happened while she was gone, giving her the brief story of the Beast that was currently terrorising Beacon Hills. The pack agreed not to overwhelm her too much. Even if her head had healed from the medication Deaton had given her, she was still emotionally scarred.

Harper knew that the Beast was another Chimera, created by the Dread Doctors and based on 'history's most vicious, most famous werewolf'. They had no clue who the teenager behind it was, and Scott had said that he thought the teenager didn't know it was them either. It'd killed many people and was only getting worse.

Standing up from the desk, Harper turned and wrapped her arms around his torso, leaning her head onto his chest. Stiles grinned, dropping his chin onto the top of her head while he rubbed circles on her arms.