3.15

*unedited*
Do you ever get that cringey feeling when you go back and read your work, and realize that every bad feedback someone commented was right and they have every reason to cringe too? That's how I feel about the first arc...ugh, I'm gonna change it when I find the time after I finish this book...
Probably will end this arc in a few more chapters...as soon as I figure out how to end it and how to get to the ending...lol, I'm terrible at planning things. I go as I write.

Caroline pushed against his chest, creating a distance between them when he let go of her lips. They panted as they stared at each other's eyes.

Jack finally moved away, holding up three fingers.

"Three days," he said. His words were unclear though to Caroline, and she found it highly annoying.

"Three days? What do you mean 'three days'?" Caroline placed her hands on her hips, the corner of her lips turning down into a frown.

"Three days to remember me. Even if you don't, it won't matter. I'll take you either way," he said, determined.

"You're like twice my age! What do you mean 'take me'!" she exclaimed.

"I mean exactly what I said. Three days, I'm sure you can remember that much," Jack said mockingly. "But don't expect me to be entirely gone—I plan on being kind enough to at least help you remember before the big day."

Caroline was too stunned to say anything else, too stunned to move and follow Jack as he left, taking his cloth and goggles with him.

But Caroline didn't mean to stay there and do nothing. She was going to hunt down Clyde and Sun Hui and report to Sun Hui about what just happened. The innocent people...she needed to go see how many were injured or killed. Then, when she sees that bastard again, she can give him a good slap to the face.

From what they told her, they should be at a business meeting now. Nodding to herself, Caroline headed in the direction of the building Sun Hui had told her to find them if anything happened. And, sure enough, something did happen indeed.

She didn't even bother to knock when she entered the conference room, a scared receptionist shaking behind her as he repeatedly tried to tell his boss that he had attempted to stop her but in the end couldn't hold back her forcefulness.

Sun Hui apologized to his clients and excused himself, Clyde right on his heels. When the conference room door closed and they were out of ear shot from the receptionist, Caroline finally told them about the explosions.

"I don't understand why you allowed her to interrupt a very important meeting for a matter that if she was really concerned about could've gone herself rather than waste more time by recruiting us," Clyde said with disdain, glaring at Caroline with hate.

"I have way more things to deal with you than your comments," Caroline rolled her eyes.

"I'm shocked that you would even think of anything else besides," he said sarcastically.

"Could you two not banter for one minute?" Sun Hui asked, getting irritated and starting to feel a headache coming on from all the conflict.

"Yes, can we talk privately?" Caroline gritted through her teeth, hoping Sun Hui would catch the hint.

He did. "Clyde, wait for me and continue the meeting. You have all my notes, and I trust the decisions you make."

Clyde looked reluctant to leave, and was about to protest so when he saw Sun Hui's pleading eyes. He looked too cute and irresistible to deny. He sighed in defeat, "As you wish, young master."

When Clyde was gone, Sun Hui turned a degree more serious.

"What is it?" he didn't bother to beat around the bush.

"Jack the Ripper caused those explosions. That's the reason why I wanted to come to you first—we're dealing with a strange character," Caroline spoke.

"I'll handle the explosions and check for any dead and survivors," Sun Hui said immediately. "But...how do you know it's Jack?"

"He..." Caroline hesitated. Should she tell him exactly what happened? "He, uh...kind of kidnapped me for a bit."

She decided against it. This man obviously had something to do with her memories, and she was willing to bet money that Sun Hui would shut his mouth if she were to ask about it. She didn't want to deal with secrets, and she thought it was pointless to tell him if he was only going to ask her to figure it out herself. She might as well.

Sun Hui's serious face suddenly turned slightly concerned. Even though she wasn't really his sister, he couldn't help but feel that if he had one she would be somewhat like Jin Min. He had grown to, even though he ever knew her for two unconsecutive lifetimes, love and care for this girl in a somewhat similar situation as his like a sister and dear friend. "Are you alright? Did he hurt you? What did he do? What did he need?"

Caroline instantly felt guilty about not telling him everything, but she decided to keep it at bay. "I'm fine. He just told me he was the one who caused the explosions and gave a slight warning as to more unpredictable events."

Well, that wasn't a lie.

"That's even stranger, he took you away only for words?" Sun Hui scratched his head. "Well, at least you weren't hurt."

No, I wasn't hurt, but I sure as Hell am left with a lot of questions.

Jack Stevenson aka "Jack the Ripper"
(without murder disguise)

Sorry for the late update! I got my wisdom teeth out, ouch, so I couldn't update

Sorry for the late update! I got my wisdom teeth out, ouch, so I couldn't update. I managed to get this done quickly yesterday and today. I went to go back and change the ages as I decided that I wanted them to be older than I mentioned. I think I said they were like 14 or something? Yeah, they're like 16-18 now in my head (they act more like it anyway).
And yes, there's age gaps. Clyde is probably like mid to late twenties to thirty and Jack is probably about the same, just to fit the maturity roles and stuff. I don't know, I have a thing for age gaps. I just like older men I guess *shrugs*.
~Outcast