Chapter 33

Katrin's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling like crap, my body hurts, my head and throat hurts from all the crying I have done. Looking to my side, the pillow looks like it wasn't touched, Kris didn't go home? 

I reach for my phone and started calling her number but it was unreachable. Where could she be? I dialed Angela's number.

"Hello?" she answered on the first ring.

"Angela hi! did Kris sleep at yours last night?" I ask.

"No, why? did something happen? did you two fight or something? I thought she's still out of the country working" she asked getting worried.

"No, nothing happened. She arrived yesterday and we had a little disagreement. Maybe she just went somewhere to cool down" I said trying to calm both of us.

"Okay, I hope you two talk and fix whatever it is that you're having problems with for the kids' sake. I'll try calling her and I'll get back to you when she talks to me. Okay, Kat?" she said with a calm but concern voice.

"Okay Angela, Thanks" we hanged up after that.

I'm really worried for Kris, I keep on calling her but it's, all the same, did she really turn her phone off? Maybe something happened to her and she might be in danger? or worst maybe someone ambushed her and left her somewhere to bleed. All these thoughts running around my head makes me agitated even more.

I stared at myself in the mirror and saw how puffy and red my eyes are, looking down at Kris shirt that I'm wearing makes me all sad and guilty for everything that I have done. Kris doesn't deserve any of this.

I was lost and insecure, there are so many women that want and craves for Kris' attention I was afraid that she might wake up one morning and say she doesn't love me anymore. The ten year age gap added more to the already brewing insecurity that I have and the distance between us just made everything crumble.

I love Kris with every fiber in me, and I'm 100% sure I'm in love with her. I was just not myself when I acted the way I did. I know I couldn't justify my flaws and my wrongdoing but I just wanted someone anyone at the moment and that's the biggest mistake I have ever done. How I wish I didn't act on it and just waited.

I wipe the tears that were falling, I didn't even know I was crying, I tried fixing myself and took a bath to calm my nerves and clear my mind. I'm in pain and I feel like shit maybe because I am a shit. God, I hope I can fix this and we can all go back to what we were before all of this.

Walking downstairs I could immediately feel Terry's sharp glare on me and it's making me uncomfortable. The kids are eating their breakfast together with my father and Terry.

"Good morning babies!" I tried acting cheerful for my kids.

"Good morning Mommy!" Andy replied being his cheerful self while Anne just blabbers and wag her hand around. I kiss both of their heads before settling on my chair. 

"Good Morning Dad, Terry" I said to them Dad nods while Terry simply didn't acknowledge me.

"Mommy when is Daddy coming home?" Andy asks as he swallows some pancakes.

"Soon baby" I answered short.

"I miss Daddy" Andy said with a pout making me feel the guiltierthann I already am.

"Daddy!" Anne said crying. Terry came to her and pulled her of the high chair and cradle her close.

"Hey, hey, don't cry, how about after breakfast we go and bring Andy to school with little Anne? Wanna do that?" Terry asks my daughter while tickling her little chin making her giggle adorably.