Touchdown

Hey guys, I'm sorry I've been slacking on the stories but its better late than never, right? Haha! I've read all your comments and Inboxes and I apologize it's been like 2 months since the last update but school is almost done for me which means more updates for you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is the big day! My famiglia plane should be arriving before noon. I got the chance to talk to Mama before I went to bed last night and she seemed excited to get an all-expenses-paid mini vacation even if it's for a marriage she doesn't approve of. She's most excited to spend time with me. It feels like we've been separated for years and this is the first time in a long time where we can actually go outside and do mother-daughter activities.

I could barely sleep through the night. Despite Dominic's incredibly strong hold on me, I kept tossing and turning through the night. Most of my nerves were happy nerves. I just wanted the chance to spend time with my family without supervision but there was a fear in the back of my mind that my father won't show up. I missed my mother dearly and her flying down is more than I can ask for but I am a daddy's girl. If he really doesn't show up because of the feud or some unknown reason...I don't know if my heart can take it.

Dominic promised me last night that as long as I take my new guards, I will be able to pick up my family without his presence. I needed to ease my family into the idea of me consensually marrying Dominic and the sight of him will delay my process.

I made sure to be out of bed by 7 am. I had to get ready and prepare for the wild day I'm about to have.

"Come to back to bed now!" Dominic shouted from the bedroom. I was in the bathroom attempting to curl my hair.

"NO! I need to be out on the road by 9 the latest. The plane should touch down by 10 and I need to be there before then. You should be up as well. You're now the leader of the biggest mafia organizations in the world and you're spending your morning whining in bed? How Tragic!"

"That mouth will get you a spanking."

"A spanking that will be returned right back. Your threats are getting old my friend, spice things up." I put down the curling iron and walked over to the bathroom door.

I watched as Dominic dragged himself up from the bed. His unnaturally beautiful chest gained all my attention. I've told Dominic he needs to go to bed with clothes fully on and he does but for some odd reason he always wakes up without a shirt. I dread the day when no shirt turns into no pants.

"Explain why I can't come again?" Dominic wondered.

"You know why you can't come. You're the common enemy in my family and unfortunately, it is up to me to make you tolerable in their eyes. So, do you still think your presence is needed?"

"Yes."

"You're becoming irritating. Do you have my guards ready? Were you able to get Samuel, you promised that he will be my assigned guard."

"I did make some calls once you fell asleep but it seems that Samuel is taking some time off. He spoke to my father and requested for a long leave of absence. Since he was my father's main hand, my father granted his wish."

A leave of absence? Samuel has been in my life as my guard for 4 years! He's been my best friend when I've been locked up in my room for 20 hours a day. He would sneak in movies, food, and let me spend extra time downstairs with my family from time to time. Why is he taking a leave of absence? He promised that he would be apart of this journey with me. I hope he didn't find out about the marriage. If he left because of my decision, I wouldn't know what to say. He has been a second father to me when my father was away at work. If he's disappointed in me and my real father is disappointed in me then I might have to consider that maybe... I should rethink my choice to marry.