Chapter 46 Forget Him

Ember's sat before Jack in a closed room, with a few cards on the table. Jack with a writing pad writing down something while Loraine and Maple looked at them through the glass walls of the room.  Ember looked like a small child, picking up the cards and describing them to Jack while he wrote it all down and asked him questions.

When they were done, Ember walked outside the room. He looked happy and indeed, he was. He finally made up with Neel and they had formed their friend circle again! Rhea, Neel and him! After his one-hour-long therapy session, he sat on his seat in a business meeting while his father summarised a presentation.

He was thinking about Rhea and how she was worried about him when he was getting hit by Neel. Maybe she liked him too, maybe they could date. Should he ask her out for a date? Unlike people would think, Ember was the shy kind of guy who would rather give hints to the person he likes rather than going and confessing to them.

"Sir, how will we modify the art of that anime?"

Oh right, Rhea said she won't paint anymore. He felt a bit sad because he knew she had what it takes to be a great artist. 

"But sir-"
"Can you shut up?! Can't you see I'm thinking here? Morons!" Ember shouted as he got up and left the meeting room. Later, he banged his head on the wall when he remembered that he was in an international business conference. He was going to get a well-planned lecture from his father now.

When the meeting was over, the employees came out of the meeting room.
"You know, I hate working under a sixteen-year-old. Did I study design to work under a brat?" One of the employees complained, "Honestly, if they didn't pay this well, I would've left this job long ago,"
His friend flinched as he looked behind him "What are you saying, this job is the best!"

"Huh? What's so good at making Japanese cartoons for kids? I wanted to work for designing companies, not anime company"
"No, I think anime is the best!"
"Who's side are you on?"
"Who's side are you on?" It was Loraine. 

"Mr Ember! We thought you left!" The employee shouted without realising the difference in their accents. Loraine decided to follow along. He took out his hands out of his pockets and gently touched the employee's coat's collar as if fixing it.

"Nason gets 15000 applicants per annum, but only 1000 applicants get selected, rest 14000 go home. So, what I'm saying is, if you feel like you don't belong here, you are welcome to leave. After all, 14000 people are fighting for that one seat of yours,"
"Yes, sir!"
"Right?" Loraine took a step away from him "So, go show this attitude somewhere else. If you want to come into Nason, the door is open, if you want to leave, the door is open, just don't stand on the door, it blocks traffic,"

"Yes, sir!"
Loraine walked away with his assistant, Norbury, following him to the lift. As he got on the lift, he fixed his watch and asked, "Who is he?"
"A member of the designing team" Norbury replied.
"Fire him. I don't want people like him working in my brother's company,"

He got on the fourth floor and reached a huge office where people were working. The room was filled with computers. As soon as Loraine passed through, all of them stood up and bowed. He walked towards Ember's office and knocked at the door. Then, he got in and asked what he was doing. Ember hid a magazine behind his back.

"What's that?" Loraine asked.
"Nothing," Ember replied.
"Don't read porn in daylight,"
"That's not porn!"

"Where's Madison?"
"He has gone to get today's documents for me to sign"
"I've got something for you too"
"Work?"

"Norbury," Loraine turned towards his assistant and he placed a 4 feet high stack of files.
"Today's work?" Ember asked as he opened one of the files.
"Yeah. You see, five of our animes are getting a live-action. You need to read all the policies. I need it by the end of the day,"
"Okay," Ember kept the magazine inside his table's drawer. He picked up his spectacles and opened one of the files, "Glasses?" Loraine looked at him.