Chapter Nineteen

"Okay, but seriously! You're getting out of your sims so quickly," Zane whined during dinner.

They had all had a great laugh over the whole paint incident, but were soon disappointed when they found out I wasn't apart of the splattered group.

"Hey, you never actually told us how you knew to move out of the way," Reagan wondered and I looked over at her.

"Oh, it was just kind of weird, you know? That they ask for a picture of only the initiates, I don't know," I paused, "but then I looked up and saw the buckets. Moved just in time actually,"

"I saw Eric mouth something to you, you liar," Alex scoffed, and my head snapped to his.

"What? No-"

"Oooh," Raelynn grinned, "someones got a crush!"

"You're- You're being idiotic," I scoffed, a light blush forming on my cheeks as I hung my head down.

Was I catching feelings for Eric? It seemed as though these thoughts have entered my mind quite a bit recently.

"She totally has the hots for the big, bad leader!" Reagan smirked, and I buried my head even farther down, allowing my hair to cover my face, glad that I had no food left on my tray.

"No, I don't," I mumbled, and they all burst out laughing.

I have to admit though, I'm glad that they aren't judging me for it, I mean nothing is going to happen anyway though.

"That's exactly why you're hiding from us," Alex scoffed.

"Oh, oh!" Zane squealed, "I've got it! Their ship name! It's Eria!"

"Oh my gosh, guys please stop," I groaned as their laughter continued.

I stood up, my face most likely the color of a strawberry, and walked away, not being able to keep the smile from my face, and I heard them continue to laugh. I hoped and prayed that he wasn't in the cafeteria. If he was, well, it probably won't be good.

"Again? Why weren't you in here for everyone else?" I raised an eyebrow and he shrugged.

"Yours is very..." He clicked his tongue, "intriguing to me,"

"Okay," I raised an eyebrow, "how so?"

"You're quite possibly the quickest initiate we've had so far," his eyes penetrate me, and I'm beginning to think he can see inside my soul how much he can keep a stare like he's focused on nothing but that said thing.

"That's crazy," I mumbled.

"I heard your friends today," I looked up, my cheeks flaming and I looked back down, burying my hands in my face, "Eria, hm?"

"I told them to stop," I groaned at his laugh.

"That's adorable," he's closer, "what were your test results, Liv?"

"Dauntless,"

"No, they weren't," he sighed.

"Yes, they were," I groaned, "why doesn't anyone believe me?"

"Because you're not, whoever gave your faction results must have lied to you if you're telling the truth, Via!" He used my real name, he's serious.

"Okay, you know the drill," he whispered and I leaned back in the chair, "what's your favorite book?"

"How do you know if I've got a favorite book? Or that I enjoy reading for that matter," I know what he's doing, he's trying to make me less nervous and I'm so thankful for it.

"You just... Have that personality," he replied and I was quiet for a moment.

"I really like The Hunger Games, actually," I answered, "it reminds me of our world,"

"Hm, I'll have to read that book,"

"Series," I corrected him, and he let out a low chuckle before sitting beside me, needle in hand.

"Don't look at the object in my hand-"

"You can say needle, idiot," I rolled my eyes.

"What did you just call me?" I rolled my eyes.

"Well, you are one," I snickered.

"Baby doll, don't call me an idiot, I was-" his words caught in his throat and he quit speaking, shaking his head.

"Ugh, you're no fun-" I hissed in pain as the needle was put into my skin, "I knew that's what you were up to," I groaned.

"You'll get through this," I heard him whisper as I slipped into oblivion.

I was in a room, the walls were a solid white, and the floor was solid white. There were no doors.

I felt the walls closing in, and I try and breath evenly. The walls aren't very close yet, they're still out enough for me to lift my arms out. I lift my arms out, and they begin to shrink back. Or not.

I crouched down, trying to give myself some more room but it doesn't help, the ceiling comes down, lower, lower.

They're pressing in so hard that it's becoming almost too painful to bear, I breathe in, and I breathe out. That's what I focus on. I ask myself foolish questions, trying to relieve some, any, of the pressure.

I write out a story in my mind, think of an open space, anything but it doesn't help very well. I focus on the color of the walls, how they have no stains, I run my fingers up and down them, feeling their texture, it helps but not by much.

I closed my eyes, I think of a book I just read, I imagine being in their shoes. What I would do if I were them.

I'm free, I let out a gasp as I awake in the simulation room, standing up abruptly. leaning my head down as I harshly brush the wet, hot, tears that had begun pouring from my face.

I straightened my back, meeting his stare, his very unreadable stare. I try my best to ignore the fact that I am very well aware as to how red and puffy my eyes most likely are.

"You're Divergent," it wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"No-"

"I know a Divergent when I see one! You knew to calm yourself down, not intentionally, you might have not really realized it was a sim, maybe even thought it was a dream," he took a sharp breath in, "but you knew to calm yourself down. If it were actually happening in real life, you would have been freaking out and tried to bust out of there,"

"But I didn't"

"But you didn't"

"She lied to me, my administrator," I whispered, "Alex figured it out,"

"I could kill you for this," I flinched at his words, his fingers wrap around a strand of my hair, and I now realize how close we are, "I'm not going to,"

"Why not?" I barely even whispered it.

"It doesn't feel right with you," he mumbled, "I couldn't do it,"

It was quiet, and I relaxed after realizing how stiff I was, "I'm going to teach you,"

(Okay! So! I'm going to just say something: Yes! I plan on writing a Peter story after this one! I already have the cover etc. I'm going to post the cast, but I'm just going to go on the record to say: No chapters will be posted until AFTER I finish this book, it'll most likely have the first chapter anywhere between a month or two from now so that I can already have some of the book done! So yeah! I hope you'll stick around for it!)

A:
Favorite Marvel character?

Q:
Peter Parker!!