Chapter 18

Camila finally made it to the city and boy was her breath taken away by the sight. The billboards, the tall buildings and skyscrapers, the many Regulars wandering about, the smell of delicious food, and the many cars passing by. It was a sight that Camila could really get used to.

It was way better than seeing rats and suspicious people walking around... not to mention the threat of dying in the atmosphere. The city was much more cleaner and livable.

'Why didn't I leave sooner?', Camila wondered to herself.

She kept walking along the sidewalk in a low profile. Yes, the city is nice and all, but it's a whole new terrain and Camila can't really trust anything about it. It was very weird how the Regulars lived their lives. Everyone seemed completely with being in each other's spaces and practically lived peaceful. There didn't seem to be any sort of suspicious behavior or any threats for attacks.

So strange.

"Excuse me Miss? Do you have any spare change I can have? I'm extremely hungry and in need of water as well.", Camila was stopped by an old looking man in nasty clothes.

"Oldest trick in the book dude. I ain't falling for that crap.", Camila rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry?", the old man tilted his head in confusion.

"I know this trick. You're gonna ask for a bit of money when you look all "tired and weak", but as soon as I hand you some money you're gonna jolt up, take my bag, and make a run for it. I, for one, am too smart for that so why don't you figure out a better way to get more out of people you stupid, worthless piece of leftover shit.", Camila huffed and left the old man stunned and kind of hurt.

"Geez lady what the hell is wrong with you?", A Regular commented angrily.

Camila glares at the Regular warningly for addressing her in such a disrespectful manner. Geez didn't they know who they were taking too? Absolutely intolerable.

She kept walking along her own way, but after long while of walking fatigue was truly starting to hit her and her feet were absolutely killing her. Camila looked around for an ally way were she could sleep, but she couldn't find anywhere.

Well that's even stranger.

She looked everywhere, but she simply couldn't find one. Camila was starting to get very frustrated until she saw a big blue light up sign that said "Hotel Snooze". It seemed promising so Camila headed right for the rather large building.

"Hello ma'am! How may I help you?", a young women greeted Camila as she walked in.

"Um sorry I'm like really need around here so what exactly is a hotel?", Camila asked confusingly.

"Well a hotel is basically just a bunch of rooms in one building and you stay in a room to sleep and rest up. Usually tourist check out a room when they visit here.", the young lady explained.

"Oh well that's great actually I'm completely exhausted.", Camila said.

"Would you like to check out a room?", the young lady asked.

"Yes.", Camila said.

The young lady quickly typed in a few things on her computer before handing a key card to Camila.

"You're room is on the seventh floor in room 27. I hope you enjoy your stay.", the young lady smiled.

Camila smiled back and took her key card in search for her designated room she will be staying in. As soon as Camila left the front desk she was completely lost as to where she was going. It was like a freaking maze. Camila looked around to see what the Regulars were doing and she saw that they were entering this weird box. She decided to follow a young man into the box and looked around.

"What floor ma'am?", the young man asked.

"Um the seventh floor.", Camila said a bit shyly.

The young man nodded and Camila saw him press a little button in the box that had "7" next to it then he pressed a button that had "12" on it. As soon as the commands of the buttons were established the box closed it's doors and started to move.

This startled the shit out of Camila and she back up against the wall in fear as the feeling of the box moving was rather nauseating. The box then dinged with the door opening.

"Well guess this is your stop. Have a nice evening ma'am.", the young man said politely.

Camila shakily walked out of the box and watched as the doors closed again only to take the man somewhere else. She released a shaky breath and walked around the floor until she saw her room. She put the key card in the slot, after about thirty minutes of trying to figure out where it goes, and opened the door to find a neat clean room.

Camila's jaw dropped and she quickly closed the door, locking it, dropping her bag down, and rushed to the comfy soft bed. She was in complete awe how beautiful and peaceful the room was. It had such a modern look to it and Camila couldn't get over it. She then saw she had a mini porch and she ran towards only to bump her hard against glass, causing her to fall down on her butt.

"Ow.", Camila hissed as she rubbed the area where she practically banged all her brain cells out of her head.

She then got back up on her two own feet and touched the glass that was blocking her from the porch.

"Stupid Regulars. What's the point of having a porch if you can't even get to it.", Camila huffed as she looked at the porch.

She looked all along the glass in envy only to find a handle on the glass. Camila chuckled softly at herself and reached for the handle. She pulled on it gently only to see it won't open. She quirked her eyebrow then pushed to see if it will open, but it didn't.

"How are you-", Camila said confusingly as she tried to keep opening it.

Camila then saw that the handle was locked so she unlocked it and tried to push or pull, but the damn window door wouldn't open.

"Ok now this is a fucking joke!", Camila glared angrily at the handle.

She then kicked the window door at a certain angle and it slide open just a bit. Camila looked at it then grabbed the handle again and this time slid it right and she was met by the outside breeze.

"Seriously? My god are Regulars fucking weird.", Camila rolled her eyes frustratingly and stood at the edge of the gated porch and enjoyed the view that it provided.

Camila will admit that the sight was beautiful. The sun was already setting and it gave off such a pretty orange and pink sky. Some lights from billboards and signs can be seen and the cool breeze made everything feel peaceful. Camila has never felt a feeling like this before. She's always felt stressed and pressured to do things right and not disappoint anybody.

Everything Camila did was for the sake of her people. She tried to do everything for them and show them, especially her dad, that she was capable of being the next leader and running the whole show. Camila never really did anything for herself nor did anybody else. It sucked... really badly if Camila was being honest.

Even as a child Camila didn't really have childhood since she was always doing something for someone else instead of enjoying her "Me Time". Now feeling the soft breeze and being astounded by the beauty of this city she could honestly really get used to this. It felt right, it felt normal, and it felt really good.

No more stress about the mafia, no more doing shit for others, no more pressure, no more Irene, no more of anything with the mafia. Camila looked down at her covered mark and smiled.

Why didn't she do this a long time ago?