Chapter 10: Spark

Song Quote: Juliet
"I wanna make
A color that no one else has seen before I wanna be so much more
I hope that she Looks at me and thinks "shit, he's so pretty"
Something I can't believe
But I need to understand When I can power through And when I need some help from you When I should stand my ground And when I need to just sit down Sometimes I act like I know But I'm really just a kid With two corks in his eyes And a bully in his head."
~~~

Your Pov:
"Where did Nya even get the Serpentine bones?" You whispered to Lloyd as you listened to the girl in red's presentation about the different types of Serpentine.
Lloyd shrugged writing down small notes and doodles on his paper.

Sitting across from the young boy you sat next to Zane whilst the falcon rested on your head.

"Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the golden age and must be hundreds of years old" Nya explained gesturing to the bones next to you. "Although the venom in the fangs of the fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without creating a antivenom."

You glanced over at the others to see what they were doing. The ice ninja next to you was taking very detailed notes while Kai listened instead of writing.
Meanwhile Cole was doodling a picture of himself as Jay gazed at Nya with a dreamy look.

Raising an eyebrow you looked between the two noticing a connection. Setting that aside you started copying Zane's notes hiding your own doodles.

"If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the effects of the venom." Nya explained while you made a mental note for the future.

The girl stopped for a moment putting a hand over her mouth warily. "Uh, excuse me is anyone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume" Nya said as her cheeks flushed a bright pink.

"Don't look at me" You raised your hands in defense immediately "I don't own anything like that."

"You told me it was men's cologne" Jay whispered to the fire ninja.

"Eh, I get them mixed up" Kai shrugged it off earning some chuckles from the others.

"Looks like class is over, time to start stomping some serpentine before they find a fangblade" Cole pumped up as the ninja stood up to leave.

"Sounds like a plan" Kai added "I'm very excited to join" Zane replied as they all left the room with the falcon following behind.

"I'm gonna go get a snack, want anything?" Lloyd asked you as he started to leave.

"I'm good kid, I'll catch up in a bit" you replied with your mind elsewhere as you started picking up your stuff.

Jay stayed behind and you saw how he stared at Nya before he approached her.

"Uh, hey Nya, I'm sorry the reason I was- you know- I went to Kai because- look, what I trying to say is" Jay stumbled over his words but Nya interrupted.

You stood there with a poker face pretending to be going about your own business while you confirmed the connection between the two. With your limited knowledge of the world you do know about courting.

"I know, it was just a cruel joke I should be fine. Please go fight some snakes" she replied in a reassuring tone.

"No, no, no, I was trying to impress you" Jay corrected adding "Look before Sensei left, he said our heart was the key to unlocking our true potential"