CH 7//The beginning of a friendship

"Hello there Charlie" Miss kitty spoke warmly. "I'm so glad you made it, why don't you take a look around?"
Charlie kept his teddybear close and peeked from behind his mothers legs. He looked around the kindergarden classroom when he saw that the block station was empty. His mother encouraged him to go play. He nodded and walked over to build a tower. He was just about done when another boy came along and knocked it over with his truck. Charlie looked down at his shoes trying not to cry.
"Hey, I was just playing" The boy said. He held out his truck. "Wanna play with me?" Afraid to say no, Charlie took the truck and followed him to the other side of the room.
"Who is this?" A girl with pigtails asked.
"He's playing with us"
"Yeah but whats his name?"
"I don't know"
"Well, ask him!"
The boy sighed and turned to Charlie. "What's your name kid?" Charlie stood there frozen in place. He tried to speak but it was all too much. He bit his bottom lip and looked out the window and watched as the birds flew by. He wished he could fly away from here. "Why don't you talk?" Pigtails interrogated. When Charlie still didn't answer the two decided to dismiss him and go on playing without him. Charlie then went running back to his mother and held onto her tight as tears streamed dowm his cheecks.
"Oh, Charlie, what's the matter love?" Amanda aksed in a soft voice.
He looked up at her and signed for "home".

'So, I'm guessing you're new here?' Alex wrote to Charlie. They were still using the first page of Charlie's sketchbook.

'Yeah, just moved here last summer. What about you?'

'I grew up here. It's not bad here. I hate the people but theres a lot of woods to hide in'

'Yeah I know what you mean. Someone crashed into me this morning and was a real jerk about it'

Alex nodded knowing all too well how cruel kids could be here. The place was full of dicks who only cared about winning the popularity contest and putting others down.

'Don't let them get to you' Alex wrote

Charlie smiled, this was first time in a while that he was shown kindness. 'Thanks. It means a lot'

'course :) I'll keep an eye out for you'

'same here :)'