Chapter 1

*Edited*

//Not much has changed. I just added some new thoughts.//

*Note: This chapter is going to correspond Season 2 Episode 17: Dipper and Mabel vs the Future but with a bit of my own twist. I do not own Gravity Falls or their characters. They belong to Alex Hirsch and etc. I say this because the first few chapters follow closely to the episodes mentioned and then I split it off to form my own version of how Billdip is formed during weirdmageddon. You can watch the episode and read my story side by side if you want. Just pause it when Dipper is thinking by himself but then again it is a waste of time since you are going to be pausing a lot. Lol. This is just a recommendation. I ramble enough. Enjoy!*

Mabel ran out the door, grabbing her backpack as she ran out. We just had an argument about me accepting Ford's apprenticeship offer. Mabel did not like the thought of me being apart from her. She sounded distressed and a little furious about the news. Maybe I was wrong on accepting Ford's apprenticeship offer but this is an offer of a lifetime. I get to study the supernatural! Something I always dreamed of doing. I always did things for her, why can't she let this one thing happen for me? I mean, she did went along with me to hang out with Wendy and her friends that one time in that haunted gas station but... no! I need to get my mind off this. The rift! Ford and I still need to fix it! Maybe that will get my mind off of things for a bit and come up with a solution after fixing the rift and consulting Ford about this problem.

I grabbed my backpack near the doorway and headed towards the basement where I know Ford is at. I couldn't get my mind off of Mabel. I shouldn't have let her run off on her own. No. She needs her space to cool off. I half-heartedly made my way towards the basement. I dragged my backpack as I walked into the room. Without looking at me, Ford sensed my depressed mood.

"Let me guess, Mabel did not take it well," Ford said.

"I don't know. Maybe I am making the wrong decision," but I want to do this so badly. I always loved the supernatural and now that I know that mythical creatures exist and there is a possibility that I can spend my life studying it, I don't want to give up this opportunity. "I think I need to think about this," I know what I want. I just need to comfort Mabel. Wait! Maybe with enough convincing, our parents might agree with Mabel and I moving permanently to Gravity Falls. Yeah, I will tell Mabel that later. I get to stay and be Ford's apprentice and Mabel does not have to be worried about me being away from her. It is a win-win. Hopefully, I can make this work. I knew a little time off will help me find a solution.

"Dipper, right now we need to focus on the mission. Now come on, I got the glue, hand me the rift and let's make history!" Ford said happily. The faster we get this done, the faster I could tell Mabel my plan. Hopefully, she would agree with my idea.

I smile as I rummage through my bag to the pocket where I placed the rift. I felt something which I thought was the rift but it was a flyer for our birthday party.

"What? Oh no, the rift! Mabel must have grabbed my backpack by accident when she ran off!"

Panic swept through both of our faces. "Let's hurry and find your sister. Bill will probably try to trick her into giving him the rift!" My sister ain't dumb to make a deal with Bill. She also must have learned a few things from Stan on learning when people are trying to trick her. But why do I have a bad feeling?

Both of us hurried to get out of the shack to go find Mabel. We ran past Stan who had a confused expression on his face but quickly shrugged it off. When we ran past the front door, there was strong wind outside and the sky was red. There was also a split shaped like an 'X' in the sky.

"What is going on," I pointed at the sky to Ford, "What is that?" I stared at it in fear.

"We are too late," Ford told me, concerned and fear was written all over his face, "It is the end of the world," he told me as Bill's shadow swept over us. Over the distance, we saw a giant Bill and heard him laugh. It seemed like he was laughing at us. It did not seemed, he was laughing at us. We have failed and it might have been my own fault.

Word Count: 669