Chapter 24 - Surprise

Draco's POV

I looked around searching for David as I entered the cafe. Once I saw him, I waved at him and approached him.

After greeting each other, I ordered a cup of coffee for myself.

"How is the preparation going on?" He asked and took a sip from his coffee. "By the way, I took your tuxedo." He added.

I was making a surprise for Mira. I wanted to marry her as soon as possible. So I planned everything. Rose, Milan and David helped me with the preparation. Milan helped me with documents and the church. David helped me with my tuxedo and the wedding celebration. He reserved a table for us at the restaurant. Rose helped me to pick up a dress for Mira. I was so excited. I couldn't wait to marry my Mira.

"Perfect!" I exclaimed. "Thank you for helping the father of two little ones." I added, grinning mischievously.

He raised his eyebrow at me, puzzled. "Two little ones?"

"Yes, congratulate me! Mira and I are expecting twins." I informed happily. "And they are identical like us." I added without managing to hold myself from grinning.

"Oh my goodness! Congratulations!" He exclaimed happily as he stood up and hugged me tightly, tapping my back. I stood up and hugged him back. "I am so happy for you, Draco." He added honestly.

"Thank you, David." I said, smiling. "Pray they will not look like you but me. If they look like you, they will keep you on your toes." He chuckled, amused.

"Hey don't mock the father-to-be." I warned in amusement.

Mira's POV

I was looking at Rose who was pacing like crazy in the room while helping me to get ready.

After applying my makeup, she grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the large box that rested on the bed. She told me she wanted to celebrate my twins and reserved a table for us at the restaurant. She looked weird today.

Actually, the last few days everyone had been acting strange. I didn't know if I felt like this because of my pregnancy hormones or not. But I thought there was something. Even David was strange. Yesterday, he came here, and Draco and David talked in private for more than an hour. When I went beside them, they stopped talking or changed subjects. I wasn't sure about David and Rose, but I was so sure that there was something going on with Draco. I caught him more than once talking on the phone secretly. Every time I came while he was talking on the phone, he instantly hung up. When I asked who it was, he told me it was his colleague. As much as I didn't want to think about it, I couldn't hold myself from thinking that there was someone else in his life. Maybe, he missed his past life and got bored with me. Probably, he didn't find me beautiful and attractive anymore. I was four months pregnant now. My stomach was showing.

"Hey, what happened?" Rose asked as she tapped my arm, interrupting my thoughts.

"Umm...nothing." I mumbled as my eyes welled up.

Ugh! These hormones.

The last few weeks I had been crying for everything. I was over emotional.

She opened the box and pulled a white halter neck chiffon dress out of the box. It was so beautiful.

"Do you like it?" She asked, giving me a wide grin.

"Yes, it is so beautiful. You don't have to." I said as tears ran down my cheeks. "Thank you, Rose. You are my best friend." I added, sobbing.

"Hey, don't cry." She said softly.

"Sorry. These hormones make me crazy." I confessed and wiped my tears off my cheeks.

She gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Ok. Stop crying. You will make me cry too. And you will ruin your makeup." She stated.

I nodded, smiling.

"Now go and put on the dress." She demanded and gave me the dress. "Oh...don't forget the shoes." She added and pulled the shoes out of the box and handed me a pair of green shoes.

After putting on my dress and shoes in the walk-in closet, I went back.

"Oh my goodness! You look so beautiful, Mira." She commented in awe.

"Thank you." I gave her a smile.

"Ok, let's go." She said and clapped her hands cheerfully.

I gave Rose a puzzled look as she stopped the car in front of the church.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, confused.

"Come on." She said, giving me a mischievous grin and got out of the car.

As I got out of the car, I saw Draco walking out of the church. He wore a black tuxedo. He looked so handsome.

"What is going on?" I asked, dumbfounded.

I approached Draco. He gave me a wide grin.

"Draco, what are you doing here?" I asked.

He didn't say anything, still grinning and pulled something out of his pocket. My eyes widened in surprise as he bent down on one knee in front of me and opened the velvet box. There was a diamond ring in the box, shining brightly.

"I know you're the only one I want to share the rest of my life with. You are my love, my destiny. Will you marry me, my Mira?" He asked, giving me a nervous smile while waiting for my answer.

I couldn't hold myself and burst out crying. Draco stood up instantly and looked at me with panicked eyes.

"Mira, what happened? Don't you want to marry me?" He asked, stunned.

"No, you silly." I responded, grinning. "Yes. I will marry you, Draco." I said, smiling and crying at the same time.

He sighed in relief and gave me a dazzling grin. He took the ring and slid it on my finger.

"I love you, angel." He confessed and brushed his lips against mine.

"I love you too, baby." I said as I pulled back.

"Umm...I forgot to inform you about an important detail." He said, giving me a devilish smirk. I gave him a puzzled look. "We are getting married now." He informed, emphasizing the word now.

I looked at him, surprised, my mouth agape.

"Now?" I asked, puzzled. He nodded, grinning.

Without letting me say anything, Rose handed me a bouquet of white peonies with green ribbon while grinning at me ear-to-ear.

I was walking down the aisle, smiling. David, Milan, his fiancée, Maria were inside too. I felt nervous and happy. I was getting married to the man of my life. My love.

We were holding each other's hand while saying our vows.

"Now you may kiss your bride." The officiant said.

Draco wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him and brushed his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I responded to his kiss.

"I love you, Mrs. Matthews." He said, grinning as we pulled back slightly.

"I love you too, Mr. Matthews." I admitted, giving him a wide smile.