Chapter 7

O P H E L I A ' S      P O V

Levi opened the door for me as I shyly kept my head down as I walked into the restaurant.

"Look, there's an empty booth down there." He motioned towards the back of the establishment.

We both made our way in and Levi allowed me to slide inside the booth first before he did the same.

I kept a reasonable amount of distance between us as I played with my fingers underneath the table.

I took in my surroundings as I looked at the restaurant.

It was a little bigger than where I worked and instead of the blue and white theme, it was red and yellow.

The place had a modern feeling to it rather than the homey feeling you would receive when you entered Vincent's.

I noticed some people staring at our table.

At first, I had summed it up to be the fact that a billionaire was in their presence but then I realised they were staring at me when I felt their burning gaze.

It was then that I realised that I was still in my working uniform while everyone in the restaurants wore casual outfits, including Levi.

I played with the hem of my dress as I refocused my eyes away from them. It was only a moment later when I heard the chatter increase and looked up to see no one staring anymore.

It confused me quite a bit, although I hadn't had much time to dwell on the subject since I heard Levi clear his throat before he spoke.

"So, how are you?" He asked and then afterward, I saw him rub his forehead, almost in a scolding manner.

"I-I'm fine," I lied, suddenly remembering the Kace situation. "Thanks for asking." I finished.

"Look, I'm — sorry about what happened with Kace." He apologised although it really wasn't his fault.

I took a deep breath, "He was my high school crush." I whispered so soft that it's almost inaudible to my ears.

"Oh really?" He said after a pause and I heard a little edge in his voice.

"He was so smart, h-had a great personality and he was so nice to me." I said as I recall high school.

I looked up to Levi to see him already looking at me. I quickly averted my gaze away from him, resulting in a blush to form on my cheeks from my rambling.

I barely realised that I wasn't stuttering so much then.

"D-Don't tell him though, please." I added.

An awkward silence followed but it didn't last long because a waiter came to take our order.

"Good afternoon, may I take your order?" A male about my age came to our table as he smiled down at me.

I returned a shy smile as I took in his features.

He was quite tall with large rimmed glasses and a dimple on his right cheek.

He was rather skinny with little to no muscles compared to Levi.

I doubted anyone had anything compared to him.

He was handsome with a very contagious smile as he gazed down at me with his notepad and pen, waiting to hear our orders.

"I'll have the Burger Pack Special, please." Levi replies curtly, his fingers drumming on the table.

They both turn to me, expecting me to answer.