Chapter 27- Alone With Agreste

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

September 24th

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Marinette spent most of the night tossing and turning while thoughts raced through her mind. She didn't even bother to check social media when she awoke. At this point, how much worse could the rumors get?

But it wouldn't be all bad. Today she'd be resting and home from school. Alone...with Adrien. Her heart skipped a beat as she sat up. Checking the clock, she twiddled her thumbs. She didn't even know what to do. Adrien said he'd be back in a bit to check on her. Instinctively, as she stood up, she called out to Tikki.

"Tikk-"

She froze as the realisation struck her. Tikki wasn't here. Marinette's vision blurred as a single tear spilled down her cheek. Even if other people were around, without Tikki she felt so alone.

Making her way over to the suitcase, she unzipped and looked inside. She hadn't even spent 2 days at the Agreste mansion and she had already landed herself in serious trouble, almost gotten herself killed, and lost Tikki.

Great.

Marinette got a chill that traveled down her spine as she pulled out the warmest clothes she had. A worn blue sweatshirt and baggy gray sweats. She hadn't worn her casual clothes in forever.

A knock sounded on her door as she gathered her shampoo and body wash from the bottom of her bag.

"Yes?" She asked her voice rough and cracked.

"Hello, Mlle- I mean... Marinette. It's Aria. May I come in?"

"Yes, you may," Marinette answered, pulling herself to her feet and hugging her arms. Aria came in holding a laundry basket with several colored blankets. She had her long black hair pulled into a bun and the maid outfit she wore reminded Marinette of the kind in the stories. A cliche black and white apron with ruffles. Do maids actually dress like that?

"How are you feeling this morning?" The woman asked quietly, placing the basket down on Marinette's cluttered desk and turning to face her.

"I-I'm okay..."

Her shivers had returned, but she did what she could to hide it. The last thing she wanted was to make a big deal out of a couple chills. The only reason she wasn't healing as quickly as usual was because Tikki wasn't with her. The miraculouses didn't enhance the holder out of suit, but they prevented the damage in the first place when you were suited up.

"I brought warm blankets. Until M. Adrien gets back, I'll be here to help you."

"I-Thank you..." Marinette whispered, walking over and touching the blankets. They were warm to the touch and even hotter wrapped around her shoulders.

"Do you think you could warm these up again after I take a shower?" Marinette asked. She felt disgusting and thought taking a warm shower might help calm her frayed nerves.

"Yes, of course. Let me show you to the bathroom-"

Marinette already knew what it was, but allowed Aria to happily show her the way.