Visiting Grandma

Anni knocked on the door to the famed Warren Estate and Occult Museum. Or as she called it, Grandma's house. She looked at the double rocker on the porch and felt a bit sad. They had lost her grandfather last year, the pain was still sharp, but she knew where he was and she could still hear him every now and then. She knew he watched over his girls still.

Her grandmother answered the door, as stunning as ever. She could only hope to look like her grandmother as she aged. Mrs Lorraine Warren was a timeless beauty and her favorite person in the world. She adored her mother but she didn't have the sight, it made it hard for them to bond on certain things.

"Come in, little lion." She said moving out of the way to let her grandchild in. Anni smiled, that's what her grandparents had always called her. The motto of the Warren Family was: Leo de juda est robur nostrum. Meaning The lion of Judah is our strength. Her dad knowing all the Warren history had picked the middle name Leona.

"It's so good to see you, Grandma." She said hugging her grandma tight. "Come sir down, dear. I'll fix us some lunch." Anni walked into the kitchen unconsciously staying as far as possible from the museum half of the house. She had never gone in there, her mothering having so many bad memories in there she had never pushed. She considered her grandparents superhero's for what they did for the world. But it scared the Hell out of her.

The feeling had eased some after she tattooed protection on her ribs.

She had seen it in her dreams when she was 19

She had seen it in her dreams when she was 19. Her grandmother had given her the money to have it done the next day. Her grandmother had never believed in coincidence and always encouraged her to follow her instinct.

They took their salads into the dining room, neither ate meat. It always made them feel sick and depressed. Her grandmother had seen the signs in her early and had convinced her mother to turn her diet vegetarian. She had been a much happier child after.

They were having a nice talk about their plans for the weekend when it happened. Anni happened to glance toward the living room and noticed the tv was on. "Grandma, was the tv on before?" She wasn't scared, things like this happened quite often especially in her grandparents house. Her grandma turned around, "Why no, dear. Would you mind turning that off for me?"

She sat her napkin down and made her way to the living room.  Finally focusing on what was on the tv she had to sit down. There was a beautiful man on the screen. His aura glowed as bright as she had ever seen. But it was her grandfathers voice that sealed it for her. "Go get him, little lion."

Her grandmother had begun to worry when she hadn't returned. She walked quickly into the living room. "Annistyn? What's wrong, honey? Are you ok?" She sat on the coffee table in front of her granddaughter. Anni tried to look at her grandmother, but she couldn't tear her eyes from the family on the tv. They  all glowed bright, not quite as bright as the first man, but they must truly have faith to shine like that.

She broke the trance when the show went to commercial. She looked at her grandma in shock. "That man! He glowed so bright! And grandpa! He said go!" She teared up all of this making her so confused. "Oh, honey!" Her grandma wrapped her in a hug and let her cry. Rocking her until the tears subsided and she had calmed some.

She held her granddaughters hands, "Honey, it sounds to me like you found him. I should have known that with you being a Moran and and Warren this would hit you harder. Honey, what you described, that glow. It's what I saw the first time I saw my Edward. What did you hear your grandfather say?" She asked calmly.

"He said, Go get him, little lion." Her grandmother nodded. "Just as I thought, he knows it as well. We will find out what we can about this man and you will go meet him." Se didn't think her grandma was lying, but they knew nothing about these people. "Grandma, what if he's married? Or committed? Or a murderer?!" The ideas were running wild in her head.

Her grandma held her face, "Annistyn, you trust me don't you? Then trust me for just a little longer and take this leap of faith. I will not let you fall." She walked to the phone and dialed her son-in-laws number. She needed him to research these people.

"Tony, remember the story of how Ed and I met? Well, it seems your daughter has found her Edward. Come over to the house so we can find out the facts." After a few more moments she hung up the phone and sat back beside her granddaughter. "Your dad is on the way and we will get this all figured out."

It was then that a vision hit her. She saw herself, but she was older. The man on the tv was next to her and they sat at a dinner table filled with people of all ages that all shone. She saw two boys on their side that were obviously spitting images of their dad. It was the little girl that had her grandmothers eyes that stopped her breath. Every fiber of her being told her this was her child. She was the most beautiful child she had every seen.

She came back to herself. Her grandma was waiting patiently and her dad had arrived and was sitting on the table. They both had worried looks when they realized she was crying. She wiped the tears and looked at her grandmother. "You were right. I have to go. I want everything I just saw. We have to find him."

Her dad cleared his throat. "Well I actually found him already." She whipped her head to her dad. "You did!?" He nodded. Taking out his phone and showing her a picture. It was him.

"His name is Leland Chapman

"His name is Leland Chapman. He's a bondsman in.." "Hawaii." He dad looked at her.  "I don't know why I said that." She said putting her hand over her mouth. Her dad smiled. "Well you're right. He's currently in Honolulu, Hawaii."

He changed the photo.

"He has two sons, Dakota and Cobie

"He has two sons, Dakota and Cobie." He continued. "He's divorced, but they stayed friends. He has a few marks on his record when he was young, but has been a role model since his son was born."

Annistyn took a deep breath. "Well, it looks like I'm going to Hawaii."