Chapter Thirty Two

"What the fuck is that on your neck Rory?"

I rolled my eyes. "Don't start this, Sin." I said nonchalantly while in my head I was panicking. This was not how I had planned for my night to go.

"Rory." Sin narrowed his eyes. "Is that a fucking hickey?"

It was pretty obvious that it was a hickey. There was no way for me to lie about it. "That's none of your business, Sin. Get out of my room."

His eyes were dark. I could see that his feelings were actually hurt and a part of me felt bad that I had to hurt him. But the alternative was not good for either of us. And it was better if Sin left me alone. I was sure if he thought I had moved on, he would to.

It was a win-win really, if you thought about it.

"You're my business." He said, sounding like Hayden that day in the cafeteria. "You got back with Ian?" He was being way too calm for me to relax.

"Sin, let's not do this. We both know it didn't work out for us. Let's not dwell on the past." I hoped he didn't see that I was bluffing. Sin had entirely too much power over me. In reality I was not ready to forgive him.

"That wasn't the question." Sin said, not allowing himself to be distracted.

"That was the answer." I brushed him off, going to my desk and pretending to look for something. I wanted to seem as calm about this situation as he did.

"You think I won't kill him." He sounded ready to murder. I made the mistake of turning my gaze to him.

My eyes lingered on his busted lip. Worry washed through me. Where exactly had Sin been when he was ditching Government? I quickly pulled my gaze away from his mouth. This was hard enough as it was.

"If you do, it will be for your own pointless reasons. I'm not back with him." I don't know why I was still protecting Ian. He definitely didn't deserve it. And if Sin did decide to beat him up, I couldn't say that he wouldn't have deserved that. But, I felt bad about how I had handled everything with him.

Sin pulled me against him, roughly lifting my chin so that he could inspect my neck closer. Panic rushed through me as familiar feelings settled in my stomach.

"Who marked you, Rory? I want a name."

I struggled against him. "Let me go, Sin. I already told you it was none of your business."

He laughed, lowly. "We both know I'm going to find out."

I don't know what made me say what I said next. It might have been because I wanted to hurt Sin as much as he had hurt me. Or maybe because I knew he was going to find out about Ian, and it scared me to think of what he would do to him. Or because the damn guilt of me breaking Ian's heart was too strong, and I couldn't handle it if I was the reason he got beat up.

"Sin, if you hurt Ian, I'll never forgive you. I'll hate you forever."

He stared at me for a while. I could see every emotion on his face. He was giving up. He nodded slowly, letting go of me and taking a step back. "Right. " He said lowly. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath. I didn't want him to be able to read my emotions as well as I could read his.

He slowly made his way to my window. He paused in his movements when his hand came in contact with the sill. "I told you that you were going to hate me." He said in an accusing tone.

"You were right." I said, not making eye contact with him. I felt like my heart was breaking all over again.

Slowly, he exited my room. I quickly closed my window, and for the first time in a while, fell asleep with tears in my eyes.

************************************************************************

The next week flew by. Sin didn't show up at school at all and Ian kept his distance from me. It was probably because legally, he wasn't allowed to have any contact with me.

My dad had gotten a protection order for me and I was grateful. In the small court meeting, Ian had acted like the perfect ex boyfriend saying that he was just trying to get closure and that he would definitely stay away from me if that was what I wanted. He tried to convince the judge that no protection order was necessary.

Still, my dad saw right through his antics and insisted upon it. I had to admit that it gave me piece of mind.

At lunch the next Wednesday, Hayden groaned.

I rolled my eyes. She had been complaining that I was depressed. Just because I didn't have any energy to communicate with her or anybody for that matter didn't mean I was depressed. I was just going through some things.

"Why did you break up with him, if you were just going to mope around?" She asked as she drenched her tacos in salsa verde.

I shrugged. I didn't feel like having this conversation.

"You are officially done with your week of sadness. It's time to get it together, and as your best friend, it's up to me to get you out of this slump."

I shook my head. "I'm not going to homecoming Hayden. Let it go."

She glared at me. "I don't want to have to blackmail you Rory. But we both know that I will. You're gonna go. I have everything lined up. All you have to do is show up and be your perfect self. Okay?"

I shook my head again. "I am not going. Especially not with some blind date and some dress that you picked up. No."

She didn't break her glare. "Okay, but you made me do this. I'm going to use my favor card."

I widened my eyes. in the eighth grade, I had ripped my pants at the school dance. Hayden had switched outfits with me. She had won end of the year princess, and had to receive her trophy with her underwear showing. In return, I owed her one mega favor. She had been saving it for four years.

"Really, Hayde. You're going to waste the card on this. You said you were waiting for me to win the lottery so I would have to give my ticket to you."

She shook her head. "I changed my mind. It actually makes sense. This all started because of a dance, it should end with one. So..."

I groaned. She had me. I would go to the dance. It wouldn't be that bad. Plus, I would be happy when she finally turned in that favor card.

"Fine. But all I'm going to do is ruin your night. If you think that's worth millions of dollars then-"

"I do. Okay come over after school and we'll talk details. "

I sighed. "Fine."

She wrapped her hands around my shoulders. "This is going to be good for you Rory. Trust me."

She couldn't have been more wrong.

***********************************

Next chapter is homecoming, and let me just say, grab the popcorn.

FF: Aiden is based off of my little sister which is weird but hey. 🤷🏾‍♀️

QOTD: You guys get to ask the question this time.

AOTD: I'll answer the questions next chapter so make sure you comment! I'll answer every question.