Chapter 64

Billies POV

I watched out the window of my plane as we touched down in LA, making me release a relieved sigh.

The past week has been extremely busy with press and I am so happy to be home so I can finally relax. The only thing is, Josie and I are not on the best terms right now and I'm not really sure why.

We haven't talked since our little "argument" two days ago. I tried calling her back, but got sent straight to voicemail.

I am so confused on what I've done wrong and why she's so upset. She thinks I have been acting weird which I don't agree with. If anything maybe I have been a little secretive about the surprise I have for her, but obviously I can't just come out and tell her that because it would ruin the whole thing. Now, I don't even know if we will end up going or not considering she's pissed at me.

Corinne and I turned to say our goodbyes as we approached our separate cars.

"Thanks for making this past week a lot less painful bro." I smiled to her.

"No problem Eilish," she winked as she leaned in to hug me, "have fun on your vacation. We'll have to do something when you guys get back."

"Thanks. I hope it goes well," I nervously sighed, "catch you later!"

I climbed into the back seat of my car and nervously played with the large rings on each of my fingers as my driver drove to Josies place.

I knew that was the first place I needed to go so I could straighten things out with her. I need to make sure everything's okay between us before anything.

Within a few minutes I was sitting in front of her apartment building. I got out of the car and made my way up to her and Camilas home.

I took a deep breath before letting my rings connect with the wooden door, the loud noise echoing down the hallway.

Seconds later the door cracked open as I saw blonde hair and hazel eyes through the small opening.

"Josie." I said in a concerned tone.

"W-what are you doing here?" She said, clearly thrown off guard.

"I had to come see what the fuck is going on between us because right now I have no idea."

She slowly opened the door, telling me to come in.
Then quietly lead me into her room, shutting the door behind us before leaning on the foot of her bed.

"What the fuck happened? Why are you so upset?" I asked.

"Billie," she sighed, "you really don't get it do you?"

I shook my head no as if it isn't clear enough already.

"Every time you leave it's like I just disappear to you."

I felt my chest tighten at her words because it hurt me to know she thought that.

"This time you had Corinne, last time it was Dani, there's just always someone who is better than me when you're gone. It's like they just take my place while we're apart." She continued.

"That's what this is all about? Corinne?" I felt anger stir inside of me.

She gave me an upset glance and didn't respond to me.

"Are you fucking kidding me Josie?"

"You're the one who was sketchy this entire week! From the second you left and met Corinne you were sus. Do you expect me to not worry when the person I love just suddenly becomes weirdly close with some girl I have never met over night and I seem to become invisible?" She raised her voice.