Leap of Faith

Anni was so nervous she was shaking as she sat in the taxi that would take her to Da Kine Bail Bonds. She had gotten a taxi straight there when her plane had landed. She was worried she might not have the nerve if she waited.

When the taxi pulled up in front of the office she blindly handed the driver a $50. He tried to protest but she knew how hard his job was. "Keep it, I insist. For those that stiff you on a tip."  He helped her with her bag and told her thank you again.

Well this was it. Her leap of faith. She just hoped he didn't call the cops. She pushed open the door, the chimes over it ringing as she did. She heard a woman call she would be right there. She had a moment where she considered running, but before she could the woman came out of the office. "Hi I'm Beth. Can I help you with anything?"

Anni couldn't imagine what this woman was thinking. She was a mess from the plane in a shirt and jean shorts. The Gucci suitcase her grandmother had gotten her at her feet. She swallowed hard and decided to spit it out. "Is Leland Chapman here?" The woman took a harder look.

"My son is on a hunt with his dad. Is there something I can help you with?" She sat down hard in the seat behind her. Putting her face in her hands. Beth's expression softened and she came around the desk to check on the young woman. She sat beside her, her mother instincts kicking in and wanting to comfort this girl. She was a good judge of character in her line of work, this girl meant no harm.

"Honey, are you in some kind of trouble?" She asked softly. Anni wiped her eyes and looked to the woman. "No, not like you mean. I doubt you would even believe me if I told you why I was here." The woman laughed. "You'd be surprised at what I'd believe. Why don't you give me a try?"

She sat up calming down a bit at this woman's easy demeanor. "My name is Annistyn Spera, but please call me Anni." "Nice to meet you, Anni. I'm Beth Chapman. Now tell me slowly what brought you here today." "Well to be quite honest you and your son did." Beth looked confused. "I'm messing this up. Let me explain a bit first.  You might not believe me Miss Beth. But I'm a clairvoyant, most people call us psychics. In fact, I come from a long line of special woman. Most notably you might have heard of my grandmother, Lorraine Warren."

Something about that name struck with Beth. "Wait! Like Amityville?!" Anni nodded slowly. "Ya, that's my grandma." She said quietly. Beth day back in her chair. "You're right, that is hard to believe. But for some reason, I do." Anni looked at the woman shocked. "But that still doesn't explain what you're doing here."

"Yes, well it's gets more unbelievable. I was at my grandmothers house when the tv turned on. I went to turn it off for her when I saw your son. I can see auras and his was like a beacon. I had never seen such a beautiful soul. Then I saw you and your husband and yours were shining as well. After talking with my grandmother she said I needed to take a leap of faith and meet Leland." That made Beth smile. "A leap of faith, huh? Well we're all about those here."

Anni was just shocked this woman hadn't thrown her out yet.  "If nothing else, Miss Beth. Thank you for taking the time to listen to me." She said quietly. "You're one of the first people to not call me crazy or throw me out. It means a lot to me." Beth felt sad for this young woman. She wasn't sure she wasn't sure she completely believed her, she knew this girl believed what she said. But she knew she had a hard life. Not with money, she could spot a real Gucci bag a mile away, but this girl was emotionally scarred.

"What do you do for work, Anni?" This threw Anni thinking it was a change of topic. "Um, I keep the accounts for the Warren Trust and the museum. My dad runs it's now that grandpa is passed." "So you're an accountant? Where did you get your degree?" Anni blushed, "Harvard Business." This proved what Beth thought this girl came from money, but had a good head on her shoulders.

"You need a job?" Beth Asked. "It's not a New York high rise but it would take a lot of paperwork off my shoulders." Anni's mouth gaped. "You're serious? You would hire me here?" "Well I'd have to do a background check, and confirm a few things. But I think it would be us that's lucky to have you."

She jumped hugging Beth. "Miss Beth! You will not regret this! I'll give you all my information and get you recommendations and transcripts by tomorrow." "Whoooo, slow dow. How about I get you to fill out some preliminary papers and then I give you a little trial by fire. Sound good?" "It sounds perfect."

Anni reaches down to grab her suitcase where she had packed her purse. Beth noticed a flash of ink on the girls side. "Well, you don't seem like the type to have tattoo. You surprise me." She blushed, "It keeps me protected." She said pulling up her shirt to show the woman her dream tattoo.

"It came to me in a dream

"It came to me in a dream. My grandma said there are no coincidences and paid so I could have it done the next day." Beth was amazed, this girl was a gem. A Christian woman with a Harvard degree that loved her family. "Is that your only tattoo?" She asked as the girl put her shirt back. "For now, but I have an idea I've been waiting to feel right as a memorial for Gramps."

Beth had very strong motherly feelings towards this girl. She really hoped she didn't turn out to be lying.