- fixing up -

confused steve? finally figuring things out? wow.

comment and vote, loves! enjoy!

WHEN NATASHA SAID BRIGHT AND EARLY, she was only half right - it was early, five o'clock was exceptionally early, so early in fact that the sun hadn't even risen yet- it was dark

WHEN NATASHA SAID BRIGHT AND EARLY, she was only half right - it was early, five o'clock was exceptionally early, so early in fact that the sun hadn't even risen yet- it was dark. When Steve had come to wake Elenora up, she immediately thought the house was on fire because why, on God's heavenly earth, would anyone be up before daybreak.

But despite the discomfort and nausea the lack of sleep caused Elenora, she was quick to jump out of bed and rush to the bathroom before Connor had even opened his bedroom door. When he saw the lock turn on the knob, he groaned and heading back into his own bedroom.

For twenty minutes, Connor waited; the first ten, he spent sitting on his bed restlessly, his foot tapping against the wood. For the second half, he was in the hallway, his back pressed against the wooden frame of his room, his head lolling back as he nearly fell asleep.

"Why aren't you dressed?" Bucky asked, almost making Connor bang his head against the wall as he abruptly moved.

"El's still in the bathroom," he said, his voice still groggy from sleep.

Bucky nodded, then turned to the door, pounding on the wood.

"Elenora Rogers, if you don't get out of this bathroom right now, I swear I will call Romanoff and say you're not coming," he threatened, and almost immediately the lock twisted, and Elenora stumbled out of the bathroom.

Wildly patting down her hair with a towel, Elenora exclaimed, "Sorry! Sorry, I think I fell asleep in the shower," she excused. Suddenly, her eyes widened, "But I'm not tired, or anything! I'm perfectly fine. Energized, even!" she ranted, pushing past Bucky and Connor and heading out of the hallway and to the kitchen. From far away, her voice echoed, "Hi, Dad!"

Bucky nodded Connor towards the bathroom.

"Thanks," the boy said. "I just have a question," he mentioned before Bucky could turn around. "Am I, I mean, I know I'm coming with and all, but do I, uh, I mean, am I wearing-"

"When we head over to the towers, we're gonna get you suited with a SHIELD issued uniform," he said. "It'll be protective enough."

"Oh," Connor said. "Thanks."

Both Connor and Elenora were too excited to eat a full meal. They barely managed to swallow down have of their plates, but knowing that they had no other way to get out of the house, they were swift to do it; by six o'clock, Elenora, Connor, Steve, and Bucky were splitting up on the top level of the towers.

"El is meeting Natasha in the girls' locker room," Bucky said as he read calls off of his phone from an email he'd received an hour earlier. "Connor, you're with me and Steve."

"What about our suits?" Elenora inquired, adjusting the grip on her gym bag. When she had first been grounded, Bucky and Steve had confiscated her suit to ensure she wouldn't try to sneak out on patrol, and quite frankly, she didn't have the nerve to ask for it back yesterday.