Prologue

Y/n Pov 9 years old

Yang was 10, Y/n was 9, and Ruby was 8

I was down in my 'room' as they call it, while it was actually the basement, after another beating from my da- I mean Tai. After my only good sister Ruby panicked after she accidentally broke a lamp when playing with my other sis- I mean Yang. I know she doesn't do it on purpose, Yang on the other hand would tell Tai that I hit her or broke something and even sometimes join in on the beatings. My uncle Qrow was very kind to me, he would teach me little hand to hand when he visits, he would even stop the beatings even if he got hit in the process.

Y/n: I bet you lovey readers would love to know why the Xiao Longs of my family started this abuse, so I'm gonna tell you. I bet you're also wondering why I know Ruby doesn't do those things to hurt me on purpose.

Flashback 

Yang was 6, Y/n was 5, and Ruby was 4

Everyone was wishing mom good luck on her mission. I was the last to say something.

Y/n: Mommy kill all the bad grimm so people can be happy.

I ment that, but I would soon regret saying that in time.

Summer/Mom: Sure thing my little Thorn, I want everyone to be happy. Even you.

She ruffled my blonde red tipped hair while saying this. She opened the door saying the last thing we will ever hear her say.

Summer/Mom: Bye everyone I love you.

Timeskip one month since mom left

Mom hasn't come back yet and I was wondering when she would be back. So I went to dad and asked him. I saw him in the kitchen making dinner. So I walked up to him and asked.

Y/n: Daddy when will mommy be back?

Tai: Don't worry she'll be back soon I'm sure.

I put a smile on my face and went outside to play with Ruby and Yang.

But that will be the last time he was that kind to me.

Timeskip one month later

It was horrible a week after dad gets a message saying mom was dead. After while I was getting abused by Tai and Yang and they were saying it was my fault that mom died. I was in my old room laying on the floor bloodied and bruised after a beating from Tai.

Tai: Now stay up here and think about what you did to your sister! And don't lie to me again! And forget about dinner tonight.

He slammed the door as he left. I just layed there not moving just staring at the door as it slowly turned night. Soon I heard the door slowly opening, I was expecting Tai or Yang to beat me more. I sighed in relief when Ruby came in with the first aid kit which was the size of her torso at the time. She found out the week after it started. She started noticing the cuts and bruises. I would lie and say I got the cuts from playing and the bruises from falling downstairs or running into the door. She believed me at first and left it at that but she walked on Tai beating me and joined in scared thinking he would do it to her if she doesn't. After that she was slightly hurt that I wouldn't tell her the truth but shrugged it off and would patch me up late at night ever since. She layed the first aid kit down next to me about to open it before we hear Yang coming. 

Yang: Ruby foods ready.

Ruby quickly hides the kit under my bed and as she was about to leave when Yang entered the room and saw us.

Yang: Ruby you beating this loser? Can I join?

Ruby: Uh yeah.

The both walk up to me and started kicking me.