Chapter 51

When Jisoo had walked out of the house that morning, she didn't expect to be greeted by Jennie, who was standing outside with her suitcase in hand.

The younger girl stood still with a grim expression etched on her face. Snapping out of her trance, Jisoo recomposed herself as she tries to avoid eye contact.

Jisoo: What are you doing here?

Jennie: We need to talk Jisoo.

Jisoo: I've already said everything that I had to say. There's nothing left for us to talk about.

Jennie: Yes there is. And I'm not leaving until you talk to me.

Jisoo stands in her place and stares incredulously at the younger girl. After debating about the matter for while in her head, she decided to move aside and allow Jennie to come in.

•••

After pouring Jennie a glass of water, Jisoo brought it to the younger girl before taking seat.

Jisoo: What did you want to talk about?

Jennie: The whole truth... about what happened to your parents.

Jisoo shook her head as she was struck with confusion at Jennie's words.

Jisoo: What are you talking about Jennie? I already know the truth.

Jennie: No you don't. You only heard it from one side of the story, which was Seungri's. You didn't hear the other side. What had really happened between my father and your parents that night.

Jisoo stares at Jennie with hesitation before nodding in acceptance.

Jisoo: Then tell me. What really happened that night?

A spark of hope lit up within Jennie's heart when she heard that Jisoo was willing to hear her out. She gives her wife a small smile of gratitude before beginning.

Jennie: It's true that my father and Il Woo were selling illegal property. But what you don't know is that Seungri was a part of it too... He was the one who was behind it all, and had convinced my father and Il Woo to do it with him.

Jisoo shuts her eyes in confusion, not quite understanding what Jennie had meant.

Jisoo: What are you talking about Jennie? It was your father who was behind it. Uncle Seungri told me that he had nothing to do with that.

Jennie: He lied to you Jisoo.

Jisoo: What are you talking about?

Jennie leans in closer towards Jisoo as she feels that she was beginning to lose the older girl again.

Jennie: Listen to me Jisoo. Seungri was the one behind everything. He was twisting the story so it would seem like my dad was the criminal. He wanted to use my father as a scapegoat by placing all of the blame on him.

Jisoo furrows her eyes brows in confusion as she feels a sense of betrayal arise within her.

Jisoo: What happened that night Jennie? The night of my parents' accident.

Jennie heaves out a sigh.

Jennie: It's true that my father was the one who killed your parents, but it really had only been an accident.