Chapter 21

T/n: italicized you's (you) are to indicate the use of the polite form of the word.
_______________________________

Having spent the previous night being toyed with—and tossed about repeatedly, Han Yang was now quite tired, so much so, he slept until the break of dawn.

Waking up, he sluggishly felt around in the spot beside him, sensing no trace of Helian Qing. Uncomfortable with not having that person's warmth next to him, his hooded—half opened eyes caught sight of the blurry image of Helian Qing standing at the side of the bedroom facing the mirror, and fiddling around with something.

Han Yang moved, propping himself up, crawling over to the other side of the bed so he could get a proper look, only to discover the other man was trying on a scarf. Also that, hanging on the back of the chair right next to him, was another scarf which looked like it had already been tried on.

Helian Qing had a tall build and good looks, so it would be reasonable to say, that given this, Han Yang had chosen scarves which ought to have been very cool. But, for some unknown reason, Han Yang thought the scene before him was completely ridiculous; and at this moment, was very much unable to stop himself from laughing out loud.

As he faced the mirror, Helian Qing heard Han Yang's laughter and thus turned to find the other man lying on the bed, shaking from laughter. With the grip of the scarf in his hand growing rigid, he angrily pulled it off—rolled it into a ball, then stuffed it into its bag. Striding over to the side of their bed, he stared at Han Yang with a face covered with displeasure, "What's so funny?"

Han Yang had laughed so much, his stomach hurt. Covering his tummy, he breathed out a few surprised and joy-filled exclamations before replying, "No, it's just... Why on earth were you trying on the scarves while you were still only wearing your pajamas! Oh my god! You're killing me right now!"

[T/n: He's killing himself laughing/Laughing his ass off]

Giving himself a once over, Helian Qing saw he was indeed still wearing his pajamas, and his face stiffened. He was in no way angry, nor did his expression show he was, as he stood by the beside a bit awkwardly.

Earlier, having just got up and washing up, he had intended to find himself a change of clothes when his vision came upon the two scarves in the cupboard. He was not sure why he thought so, but his first inkling was that they were bought by Han Yang just for him.

A wave of joy came over him so quickly, he immediately took the scarves and went to try them on, not for second taking into account the fact he was still wearing his pajamas. After trying them on, he found himself to look pretty good wearing them, never once expecting Han Yang to wake up and catch him red-handed.

Within his heart, there was a sort of indescribable shame from being caught in the act like that.

"Have you had enough of a laugh?" Helian Qing looked at Han Yang with a long face.

"Enough, I've had enough!" Han Yang pinched his thigh below the blanket—Ouch, wincing as he endured the pain.

"Those scarves you bought are so ugly, did you leave your sense of taste back in your village or something?" Master Helian was clearly displeased by the lad's attitude. "You're still smiling."

"They're such ugly scarves, yet you still wore them," Han Yang retorted, feeling they looked really good!

"You're so ugly, yet I still married you, didn't I?" Helian Qing sneered.

"..."

It'll always be nothing but quarrels with you Helian Qing. Han Yang rolled his eyes. You beauty, you goddess, you Princess Qing.

Snorting, Helian Qing made his way to the wardrobe to himself a change of clothes.

Since he had no classes on this day as well, Han Yang was in no hurry to get himself out of bed. Propping half of himself off the mattress, he looked on at the man changing in front of him; admiring the man's broad shoulders, his slender waist, and those longs legs of his.