Chapter 34

Kris' POV

I have been staying in a motel two towns over ours and been drinking my ass off. When you enter my room you could see bottles in different places.  I don't even remember when was the last time I ate, all I ever do is drink and I'm not even alcoholic! This betrayal is really fucking me over.

I've also been blocking everyone's call except for my mother and Kristoff, they tell me what the kids are doing and how they are coping with me not being around. I know it may seem like I've abandoned my kids but I never, it's just things are crazy for me at the moment, I'm mentally drained and my emotions are on haywire that I think I could not be the parent that they need and want at the moment.

Thankfully the kids still believe that I'm working abroad and is busy to call them, a douche move I know but I don't really want them to be involved with this. I do really miss them a lot but I have to regroup myself and be tough enough for them.

Looking at the bottle of vodka I'm holding it looks like I've already finished this one and need some more stocks for myself. Trying to balance myself while standing up I grab me some cash from my wallet and remembered to lock the door before I start my walk to a nearby convenience store.

Picking anything alcoholic I tried to walk straight to the cashier to pay and then go. I grab a biscuit while walking near the woman that will ring my items.

"You're back early, didn't you just bought 2 bottles of vodka this morning?" the woman questioned.

"Yeah, I drunk everything already, needed more" I said.

"Will good thing you've picked out something to eat and just drinks" she commented on my latest purchase.

"Yeah" came my short reply.

"Hey, are you in a hurry? my shift is over after this and I wanted to grab some coffee but I don't want to drink alone" she said sounding like a mother.

"yeah, I'm in a hurry" I said being as polite as I could.

"come on! just one coffee and it's my treat. Please?" she said pouting a bit. I look at her and I could see her pleading eyes that reminds me of my mother.

"Okay" I said with a sigh.

"Great! Wait for me outside and I'll bring some coffee" she said getting out of the register. 

I waited outside just like I was told, good thing the night isn't cold it's just the right temperature out. I wonder my eyes around looking at different things that might attract my attention, I saw a father and son duo crossing the street and I can't help but miss Andy more. He would love to lie on the garden and look at the stars before bedtime. I miss my family.

"Here's the coffee and some sandwiches I made at the break room, hope you'll like it. Come on let's eat" the woman offered while sitting everything down and settled herself in front of me.

"Thank you" I said holding one of the coffee. We were silent after that.

"you know alcohol won't solve anything" she said out of nowhere.

"what do you mean?" I tried looking confused.

"don't play coy with me, I've been observing you for days now. You would go inside and pick anything that has alcohol and then pay, sometimes you would come drunk and zigzagging other days you would come walking straight but all the same, you always have alcohol in your hands" she said looking motherly.

"Maybe I'm a drunk head you know" I said feeling lost.

"Looking at you I would say you're a decent person with a bright future maybe life problems just got too much and the only escape you could think is drinking," she said making me look at her shock.