Chapter 6

•••

Skylar drove into the garage and got out of her car, then walked into the kitchen and saw leftovers on the counter. "Thanks mom." She called as she grabbed the styrofoam box.

Skylar stopped when she noticed the box said "Rousseau's" she growled slightly and got ready to attack which ever original was in her house.

Skylar let her werewolf eyes come out as she slowly walked into the living room and saw a silhouette sitting on the couch "what the hell is your guys obsession with breaking into my house and waiting on that damn couch?" She asked.

The intruder chuckled and stood up "wow no need to wolf out popet." "Kol." Skylar sighed and let her eyes change back "what are you doing here?" He walked up and hugged her

"what can't I come visit my favorite niece?" He asked and she rolled her eyes before walking back to the kitchen.

"not your only niece." She pointed out and he looked at her guilty "listen popet..." "I don't want to talk about hope, I have enough problems I don't need to deal with klaus's too."

"I know your mad, so let's not talk about him, how have you been?" He asked and she sighed before sitting on a stool at the island "all holy hell is breaking loose and we have little to no idea what the threat is." Skylar sighed and he looked at her confused "anything I can help with?"

"I'm not sure yet. Kol we don't even know what this thing is." She told him and he sat across from her. Skylar opened the styrofoam box and saw her favorite meal from Rousseau's, a barbecue burger with fries. She started eating and Kol took a few of her fries which she slapped his hand for "what do you mean you don't know what it is?" He asked

"all we know is it's called a Kanima, a shapeshifting lizard that has paralytic toxin coming from its claws and killing people all over town. Oh and it gets better, it is stronger and faster than I am." Skylar ranted and Kol listened "it's stronger than you?" He asked and she nodded as she took a bite of her burger.

"why haven't you asked me before?" He asked and she shrugged "you guys were to busy doting over hope." Skylar sighed and Kol gave her a soft smile "popet, you know you will always be the miracle mikaelson hybrid right?" He asked causing a small smile to creep onto her face.

"I'm not jealous. I'm just pissed no one told me until a few days ago." Skylar explained "well part of the reason we never told you is because of who hope's mother is." He explained causing her to look at him curiously "who?"

"Remember that wolf girl hayley?" He asked and she growled "your kidding me?" Skylar snapped and Kol shook his head. Skylar scoffed and put her food down loosing her appetite "this just keeps getting better and better."

"Are they together?" Skylar asked him and he chuckled "no, she has feelings for Elijah, and is getting married to a man named Jackson." Kol explained and Skylar rolled my eyes. As we were talking the front door opened "sky." Grace called out as she walked into the house "kitchen mom." Skylar called back as she ate a fry.

Grace walked into the kitchen and glared at Kol "what are you doing here?" She asked "just seeing my favorite niece." Grace went to reply but Skylars phone cut her off "It's Scott." She told them as she answered it. He told Skylar to get dressed for a rave and then come to his house.