Chapter 4

The three fell into the sea of gastric acid.

"Shouldn't someone go save him?" Y/n asked, not stepping up to volunteer. Zoro went and got him as well as the two strangers, setting them down on the deck of the Going Merry. As they were placed onboard, the sporadic waves had calmed down.

"Hey, it's all calm now..." Nami stated.

"Seems like it." Zoro replied before turning towards the two strangers. "Now, we saved you for the time being, but who are you?" He asked, not receiving an immediate answer.

"Mr. 9, they're pirates." She whispered towards her partner, throwing a displeased expression at Sanji who was hovering over her.

"I-I know, Miss Wednesday. But if we talk to them, they should understand..." He looked around at the crew, talking as if they couldn't hear him.

"You thugs are still here?" Everyone looked up towards the doors, spotting the old man standing at the top of the platform. "How many times do I have to tell you?" He pointed at them. "You will never lay a finger on Laboon as long as I live!"

"He's back." Usopp stated, Luffy turning towards him.

"Who's that old man?" The blue haired woman started to laugh before he could get a response.

"Even so, we can't leave." She said as she got up, her partner following suit. "Taking down this whale is our mission. We won't let you interfere!" They both pointed their bazookas up towards the fake sky.

"Let's go baby!" They both shot, but before it could hit it's target, the old man jumped on top of them, protecting the whale.

"He jumped right on to the bullets!" The crew stood in shock.

"He's protecting the whale." Y/n mumbled. The two started to laugh at the man's efforts. Luffy looked at them with an dark expression. Suddenly, he jumped up, punching their heads together, effectively knocking them out.

"Luffy.." Usopp trailed off, silently questioning the man's actions. Trembling slightly from anger, the male looked up.

"I just felt like hitting them."

After that, the old man explained Laboon and his situation before showing the crew the way out.

"Alright, I'm going to open the door." He started cranking a handle, the doors responding and creaking open, letting light into the dark canal.

"Whoo hoo! The real sky!" Luffy cheered, throwing his hands up.

"This poor whale..." Y/n muttered, looking up at it's towering figure as the Going Merry exited it's body. Suddenly, Luffy broke off the main mast of the ship, running up the whale's head before stabbing it with the jagged wood.

"What is he doing?!" They all watched him, only now realizing he broke off the mast.

"Oi! Don't break the ship!" Usopp shouted at his impulsive actions. The whale howled in pain, it's eyes becoming teary. Jumping out of the water, Laboon tried it's best to smash Luffy, obviously upset with his actions. They began to fight, receiving and returning blows. Before Laboon could attack once more, Luffy shouted out at him,

"It's a draw!" effectively stopping him. "I'm strong aren't I?" Luffy smirked, grabbing his flexed arm. "You wanna defeat me don't you?" Laboon stared at the boy. "Our fight isn't over yet, so we have to fight again." The crew smiled at his words, now understanding why he did what he did. "We're going to travel the Grand Line. Wait for us here, and then we'll fight to see who's stronger!" Laboon chirped, obviously pleased.