Chapter 21

Y/n groaned as she opened her eyes, her head throbbing and her body aching. Sitting up from the floor, she looked around, seeing the rest of the crew in a similar state. Once she sat upright, her chest began to ache and the sensation of not being able to breath forced her into a fit of coughs.

"What-...I can't....breath-" She stuttered between coughs, her hand moving up to her chest, feeling her heart beating at a fast pace.

"Damn..." Zoro cursed, panting as he looked around the deck. "What happened? Is everyone here?"

"Hey guys!! Look outside the ship!" Luffy ran up, surprisingly accustomed to the thin air. With slight struggles, everyone did as he requested, finding nothing but a sea of clouds.

"What is this place?" Sanji gasped.

"It's pure white!" Luffy exclaimed.

"Clouds?!" Chopper gaped.

"We're in the clouds?! How are we staying in them?!" Nami questioned.

"Of course you can stay on them, they're clouds." Luffy responded.

"No, you can't." Y/n sighed and crossed her arms, too exhausted to be dealing with his usual antics.

"Oh no!" Chopper suddenly exclaimed, grabbing everyone's attention. "Usopp's not breathing!!"

"What?!" Luffy cried out. "Do something! CPR! Y/n!" The rubber man turned to y/n, hoping she'd use her Virgo realm to heal Usopp.

"Usopp! Say something!" Chopper began to press down on Usopp's chest repeatedly, desperately trying to rise the sniper from his unconscious state. With a sudden gasp, Usopp's eyes opened, Luffy and Chopper calling out to him in relief.

"Clouds....?" Usopp looked around. "What?!" He cried out. "These are clouds! No, there's too many! What is this?!" He ran up to the side of the ship, looking over the edge and down into the fluffy clouds beneath.

"Basically, this is an ocean in the sky?" Nami muttered. "But look!" Nami held out her log pose. "The log pose is still pointing upward!"

"It seems we're in the middle section of the cumuloregalis clouds." Y/n hummed.

"We need to go even higher? How?" Chopper questioned.

"I'm not sure..."

"An ocean..." Usopp sighed before taking off his shoes and hopping up onto the railing. He laughed and posed, flexing his biceps. "In swimming lane #1, Captain Usopp!" He announced, Luffy and Chopper beginning to cheer him on.

"Hey, now! Don't be reckless! This ocean's still a mystery!" Sanji chastised.

"An ocean's an ocean!" Usopp shot back before diving into the sea of clouds.

"Awesome!"

"He's so brave!"

"He's an idiot." Y/n sighed. They all waited for Usopp to come back, possibly crying about the dangers of the ocean that he's witness, but when he didn't, it began to raise the crew's concern.

"Hey." Zoro grunted. "He's...not coming back up." He stated.

"I was just wondering...Do you think this ocean has a bottom?" Robin asked, causing everyone to tense up.

"You don't mean...?!"

"Did that bastard fall from the clouds?!"

"Usopp!" Luffy reeled back his arm, casting it out and stretching it as far as he could, hoping he'd be able to reach Usopp.