Chapter 23

"Oh shoot!" Nami gasped, only now realizing what she had done.

"C-Captain!" The White Berets called out to McKinley, eyes wide and mouths agape as they saw the man on the ground, battered and bruised.

"Hey, mister, thanks for letting me use your waver. It was fun." Nami chose to ignore them, walking over to Pagaya with the waver, returning it to him while giving her thanks.

"No, no. I'm sorry." Pagaya shook his head. "More importantly, you're all in big trouble!"

"Everyone, let's get out of here!" Nami called.

"Why? I thought you started a fight." Luffy whined.

"It's dangerous to have anything to do with this God thing. Seriously!" Nami retorted.

"Hold it!!" McKinley's voice sounded, the captain shakily getting up from the ground. "There is no escape! Not only were you impolite to us, her action hindered a public official, which is a 5th degree crime!" The man stood up straight, his brow furrowed. "By the power invested in me by God Enel, I hereby banish you to the clouds!"

"Banish to the clouds?"

"What's that? It sounds kinda nice!" Luffy hummed.

"No, it doesn't! It's the death penalty!" Conis exclaimed.

"D-Death penalty?!"

"It's a punishment where you, together with your ship, are put on a cloud that you can't escape from, and you keep wandering until you become bones." She explained.

"Like I said, 'We're so fucked.'" Y/n sighed, resting her face in the palm of her hand.

"I see." Robin hummed. "That's why that ship fell from the sky."

"What are you talking about, Robin?" Usopp questioned.

"Remember that galleon that fell from the sky? They might have received that punishment years ago." Robin explained.

"Get them!" McKinley shouted, bringing the group back into focus. The White Berets pulled out bows and arrows, pointing them at the group.

"Run! You guys can't beat them!" Conis shouted.

"Don't say that, miss. You sound like you're trying to help the criminals!" McKinley glared at the blonde.

"Fire! Milky Arrow!" The White Berets released their grips, their arrows flying forward towards the crew. But unlike normal arrows, these arrows left behind a trail of clouds, allowing the White Berets to use dial-powered skates to advance.

"Get back to the ship!" Luffy ordered, pushing Nami out of the way as one of the arrows almost hit her. The White Berets were quickly approaching, just barely grazing Luffy with their weapons, had he not retreated using a nearby palm tree and his devil fruit powers. Upon seeing the rubber man stretch, the White Berets' eyes widened and their jaws dropped.

"Gomu Gomu no..." Luffy began to spin in the air, shooting out his limbs, either a fist or a foot colliding with each of the White Berets' faces. "Hanabi!" The rubber man stopped throwing blows once all of the enemies were down, allowing himself to fall back down to the ground with the rest of the crew.

"By the way, Nami..." Zoro spoke up. "How much money do we have on board now?" The swordsman asked.

"50 thousand belli." The navigator responded.