Chapter 9

•••

"Are you sure she won't mind" Scott asked for the like 50th time since Skylar picked him up "Scott my mom offered to speak to Melissa, she wouldn't have done that if she didn't want to." The hybrid sighed as they walked into school "I really hope this works." He sighed as they came to a stop at her locker "me too McCall, me too."

~•~

Grace walked up to the McCall house and knocked on the front door, after a few seconds  Melissa slowly opened the door "Grace, thank you for coming." Melissa said with a tired smile "not a problem Melissa."

Melissa opened the door wider and then took a step back, Grace cleared her throat "I have to be verbally invited inside." Melissa looked at her for a second before nodding softly "come in."

Grace walked through the threshold and into the living room "so Sky told me that you have been having some trouble accepting all of this." Grace started as she followed Melissa to the living room.

"My entire life I thought vampires and werewolves were just stories and now there is a vampire in my home and my son is a werewolf." Melissa sighed as she sat down "How did you deal with this when you found out about Skylar?"

Grace cleared her throat awkwardly before she started "Well I was born a werewolf, everyone in my family was, so when Skylar was born I already knew what to do." Melissa looked at her shocked for a second before thinking through her answer

"so your a vampire but you were born a werewolf and your daughter is a werewolf too?" She asked

"I was born a werewolf yes, but in the type of wolf the Lockwoods are the gene lies dormant in a person until they take a human life, which is what Skylar and I both did and so we both turned into a real wolf on the moon." Grace explained and Melissa nodded

"Does Scott turn into a wolf too?" Melissa asked and grace shook her head "no scott is a shapeshifter, but we're werewolves." "I don't get it, Scott's dad and I are both human, how the hell did he get a gene?" Melissa asked and grace thought for a minute

"he was bitten, not turned by a gene, shapeshifters can be bitten by an alpha but with our kind one or both of the parents have to have the gene." Grace explained and Melissa sat there taking everything in "so who gave Skylar the gene? You or your ex?" She finally asked and grace chuckled softly "that's a complicated story, you sure you want to know?" Melissa nodded so Grace started talking

"Skylars father is named Klaus Mikaelson, he was born a werewolf but was tuned into a vampire before he activated his gene, the first time he killed someone after he turned into a vampire that's when he activated his gene, 1000 years later he moved to the town I was living in and tried to kill someone I cared about, after about a year and a half I fell in love with him and started dating him and we'll Skylar happened but we broke up and me and sky moved here." Grace gave her the short answer.

And Melissa nodded "wow that's a lot." Grace nodded "if you have anymore questions I'll be happy to answer them." Melissa nodded and started flooding Grace with even more questions.

~•~

Skylar texted Scott asking where he was so she could talk to him, he texted her back telling her to come to the animal clinic, when she walked inside she heard Issac, Scott and Denton talking about issacs dog "he's not getting better is he?" Issac asked and there was a moment of silence "is it cancer?" The teen wolf asked.