CHAPTER TWELVE ━ WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU?

(chapter twelve.) what the hell happened to you?
❝ GIVE ME ONE OF YOUR KNIVES. ❞

 ❞

POET AND JULIAN SAT DOWN BY THEIR WINDOW, LOOKING DOWN AT THE PEOPLE passing by, watching them all with such awe as they viewed themselves in their position.

"Look at that girl!" Poet exclaimed, pointing at the woman across the street who slapped another woman. "Ooh, she got hit!"

"Look at that girl right there on the corner of that apartment building," Julian pointed at the building he was referring at, watching the girl who was eating something. "What is she eating?"

"I don't know," Poet answered before she grinned when the woman dropped whatever she was eating on the floor. "But look at that furry animal. Wonder what it does."

It was annoying to the 13-year-old twins that they didn't know literally anything from the outside world. They were isolated, prisoners in their own home due to their parents being afraid that their intelligence was to be ruined by the world and everybody else. Also, because their parents didn't want their perfect experiments to leave the house and become closer to people.

"It's barking?" Poet said in a confused tone. "Why is it barking at that thing? Why is that thing hissing at it?"

"What have we told you about coming to see this room?"

They immediately jumped away from the window, hands immediately being clasped behind their backs. Their hearts were racing and Poet and Julian looked at their father with an emotionless face.

"E1, you have training," their father said, glaring at the boy. Julian let out a small, yet clear, "yes, sir" and left the room. Their father turned to look at Poet. "E2 you're going to have to name every cell alphabetically."

"Yes, sir."

Poet immediately ran to the store she and Five were just at, getting called by Diego and Detective Patch. She was still bloody and sweaty, her shoulder bleeding and her lip had dry blood.

She was greeted by a police officer who recognized her, letting her go through the crime scene. She looked around, now noticing the mess that the two people that wanted to kill her and Five did.

Diego was on one knee, looking at whatever he was looking. Poet stood next to Patch, panting. She was pretty sure that the amount of blood loss was making her sweat more. Patch stared at her in confusion, not noticing the bullet hole from her jacket.

"Let me save you some time running ballistics," Diego stood up. "These nine-millimeters haven't been manufactured since 19—"