Chapter 40: A Day to Remember

Samantha's POV

I stretched arm out and felt that no one was in my left. Blinking my eyes, I realized Alec is not here.

Where did he go, so early in the morning? I turned on my phone and my eyes widens it's 10 am right now and there are 7 missed calls from Dad and Mom. Shit.

I immediately dialled dad's number, "Why were you not answering your phone?" my dad said, no hello no good morning.

"I overslept dad." I sighed.

"Fine, how are you and Dylan?" he asked.

"We are fine, when are you coming back? And how's Grandma now?"

"She's still recovering and maybe on 6th we're returning. I'm sorry princess, we won't be there for New year." he apologized, it's little sad but I'm not there too.

"It's okay dad, Grandma is more important right now. I love you, tell mom that I love her." I smiled.

The door clicked Alec came into the room, "Bye princess, I love you too." I cut the call.

"Where did you go, Alec?" I asked as he gulps down a glass of water.

"I had some errands to complete." he pecks my lips and removes his hoodie.

"You never told me you had errands." I stated, hoping out of the bed.

"It's nothing Sam, just some stuff." he smiled and I shrugged off and went to the bathroom. I think he's hiding something or maybe I'm being paranoid?

Ugh whatever, he'll eventually tell me when the time comes.

After the shower, I got dressed and grabbed breakfast in a nearby café. It's so cosy and warm in here.

"So, everyone up for the new year's party?" Cole breaks the silence.

"We are but we have to go shopping today." Emily said and I looked at her and all the boys groaned.

"But I saw you packed your favorite dresses?" I asked sipping my coffee.

"Still, Emily needs it." Jessica rolled her eyes and I chuckled.

"I'm out of this." Cole raises his hands up.

"Fine, Alec and Will will be with us." Emily roller her eyes.

We quickly made it to the shopping mall and Emily dragged me and Jess into the store.

"Umm I think, we'll just wait here." Alec said and will nervously chuckled.

"I knew you guys would do that." Cole remarks and sat down on the nearby bench.

"I don't care, let's go bitches." Emily grabber my hands and pulled me inside.

"Geez Em, calm down." I said but she already ran away to the various dresses hanging.

I went through some dresses as Jessica said, "Aren't you getting a dress?"

"I will but I don't think, there is anything of my choice." I said.

"Of course there is, you have to find it."

"Yeah." I went to another row, and started searching. "May I help you?" a thick Spanish accent guy said from my behind and I saw it was brown haired guy with dark grey eyes smiling at me.

"Do you work here?" I asked him.

"Indeed." he said and I looked at his name tag on his shirt.

Ivan

"Yes, actually I can't find the perfect dress for a party." I said.

"Hmm, let me see. What is your type? Not so revealing right?" he said and I was stunned, how does he no?