Chapter IV

*TOM'S P.O.V*

I rummaged through my piles of clothes, baskets of gifts and several pockets. No sign of it.

Y/n's number.

I typed each number I had onto Instagram, and it didn't come up with any account to do with Y/n.

''Maybe she doesn't have an Instagram account? No, she's drawn some fan art from some of my Instagram posts. If she didn't have an account that wouldn't make sense..'

I continued to look through my belongings.

'I could've sworn it had her name on it too..'

"Tom, what the hell are you doing?" Harrison called out from my door. My room was a mess. I panicked. 'If I tell him, I'll look like I'm desperate!

'Am I...?'

I quickly made up a lie. "U-uh, I'm just checking my pockets for any loose change or coins."

Harrison gave me a look. "I don't see why you'd need that, but uh, sure, ok. Just, don't make too much noise, you worried me there. It seems like you're stressing about something."

I sighed. "Ok.. Maybe I am. I uh, can't find Y/n's number... S-she seems like a really nice person so I wanted to get to know her, and Paige gave me her number, but I can't seem to find it.." I admitted. From the corner of my eye I could see a smirk slowly creep it's way onto Harrison's face.

"I get you. Well, you've been going at this for awhile. Take a break, and after, I'll help you find it. Ok?"

"Thanks, Haz."

———

*Y/N'S P.O.V*

Paige was seen all over the house, pacing back and forth with her head down. Once again, something was on her mind.

"Hey, Paige.. Are you okay? You look a little down in the dumps." I said to her in concern. She turned to me in surprise, her anger wiped away from her face.

"Oh! Don't worry I'm alright, haha." She gave me a smile. "But, I was wondering.. Have you gotten a call or text from an unknown number by any chance?"

'Well that's quite out of the blue..'

"Oh, um, no. I don't think so. Why do you ask?" I was confused. 'Was I supposed to be expecting one?' Paige let out a frustrated sigh, pulling her hands up to her face.

"UGH! COME ON MAN MAKE A DARN MOVE!" I heard Paige scream into her hands.

I panicked. "P-Paige? Are you alright? Is there anything wrong? What happened?" I was worried. I hadn't seen Paige act like this in years. Something was really bothering her. I cautiously placed a hand on her shoulder in support. She turned to me with a sorry look in her eyes.

"Ok, I have something to confess." She looked down at her feet, disappointment laced in her voice.

"I gave Tom your number."

———

*TOM'S P.O.V*

"Pockets?" Harrison asked while taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Yes. A lot of them." I replied, taking a sip of my drink. I sighed.

"Don't worry, it's bound to pop up somewhere." Harrison was right.

"I'll help you look for it. This Y/n girl seems pretty darn special if she's making you stress about her number so much." Harrison sent me small mischievous smile. I took what he said into consideration.

'She really is special.' I slowly felt my face heat up.

"Alright, drink some water to cool down that pink face of yours and let's get to finding this number." Harrison teased while taking the dishes since we had finished eating, and put them in the sink. I could only feel my heart beating more by the second.

" You're already in love with her! You haven't been this invested in someone, especially a fan, EVER!" I thought back to what Harrison had said when I first told him about Y/n. I hadn't gotten into any contact whatsoever with her, yet, I felt a feeling towards her slowly grow. I think it's too soon to say I love her now, but I know for a fact that the feeling will hit me soon.

I drank some water and followed Harrison to my room.

"Let's get looking." We both said in sync, and started looking. While we were looking, we did find numbers, but none that matched with Y/n's. Because Harrison was a little taller than me, he searched higher areas, while I went out of my room to look around the house.

'Why am I trying so hard to find her number..?' I thought to myself. I was stressing myself so much to find it, and the thing is, I can't make myself not feel this way. 'Come on Tom, you only met her once..' I was trying to reason with myself. 'I mean, sure, she's absolutely beautiful and adorable at the same time, and seems kind at heart, but-'

'Maybe she's the one for me..'

———

*Y/N'S P.O.V*

Paige continued to look down in shame, while my jaw was practically on the floor.

I couldn't help but feel many emotions at once, and even though Paige gave my number without my consent, I wasn't angry. It's not just because she gave it to the Tom Holland, but, it was just the fact that she went as far as to doing that kind of made me happy in a way.

Like I had a chance.

'No, there's no way.'

"Y/n.. I-I'm really sorry... I-I-" Paige's voice was shaking, making my heart break. I looked her in the eyes with a smile.

"Paige, look, it's okay. I'm not angry." I said to her, with my hand still on her shoulder. She looked up at me, blinking her eyes a couple of times. "I mean, sure, it took me by surprise, but it's not something for me to be mad about!"

Paige opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. "But, I do have a little question;"

"Why did you give him my number?"

Paige's eyes widened. Her face went from a shocked expression to a big smirk on her face.

"What can I say? You two are cute."