C H A P T E R 2

Xander

"Bring my food otherwise I will leave without it." I said jokingly to Maria.

Maria is my housekeeper but she is just like a mother to me. She tends to my every needs like a mother would. Not even my mother cares that much.

"You won't even dare do that." She replied trying to sound stern but ended up laughing as she retreats from the kitchen towards me .

"Now eat." She said dishing my toast and scrambled eggs neatly on a plate and pushed it towards me.

I sighed but dig in it and it tastes just as delicious as I always love it. I checked my watch and stood up drinking my tea while she tries to knot my tie.

"Thank you, Maria. I'll see you later." I said giving a peck on the cheek and the same time carrying my suitcase.

"Ok, dear,be safe." She shouted behind me.

*****

The driver stopped the car at the holding and I got out immediately.

I walked into the building and people started working faster than they were before they noticed me.

Ofcourse they have to since we all know what this month means to us.

It is March which means the month of many contracts which means more money will be rolling in and I couldn't help but be ecstatic about it.

The workers will also benefit from this, they will get a double increase if we get the contracts.

There is even the Anderson's builders contract that I have been chasing for years but ofcourse to no avail.

It is the biggest building contract in the industry. They award a contract every two years and I have never been awarded in my whole nine years of being in the industry.

But there is gonna be an exception this year, because this year, I have acquired more money and assets and just last month, I won the businessman of the year award which is a plus on my side.

I will do absolutely anything to get this year's contract. If I can get this contract, my dream of expanding my empire will be fulfilled.

The Anderson's contract is the best in the country and the profit rate , aside from the huge recommendation one will get, is really tempting to say the least.

Thank goodness, I finally got an assistant to handle all of my work. Hopefully, she doesn't behave like the others. I mean, I've had eight assistants in a month.

Who does that, really?

Me, i guess.

All the assistants have had so far in the past three months were always shamelessly flirting with me after the one night stand I had with each of them, one of them even went a far grabbing my cro*ch and that was it.

I was so angry. The way I threw her out of my office, I'm so sure, she won't be leaving her home for two days. That's for sure.

Ofcourse I am a one night man and i never use a woman twice. Not happening. That's just not me.

Except her. Uggr!

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Come in." I said in a firm voice. The door opened and revealed the new assistant, ms...nichole I think.

She is quite a beauty especially her green eyes which had a glow on it when I told her she got the job, when she smiled, it was like the whole room lit.