Chapter 59

"Allie, will you get up?" Seth asked, bursting into my room.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"6:30," he responded.

"It's too early," I said, throwing a pillow in his general direction.

"But it is Christmas," he said. I sat up in defeat, fixing my hair by throwing it into a messy bun.

"Seth, how old are you?" I asked.

"16," he said.

"And you're the youngest in the house, yet you're acting like this," I said, giggling at him as I wrapped a fuzzy blanket around my shoulders and headed down stairs. "Santa" had visited while we were asleep, so Seth was bouncing off the walls. I didn't have the heart to yell at him. I know how stressful his life can be because of the pack, so I let him be carefree just this once.

"Here," Sue sad, handing me a coffee mug.

"Thank you," I said, sitting down on the couch as Seth stood by the tree and Leah sat down beside me with her own cup of coffee.

The feeling of family hanging in the air made my heart whole, yet I longed for the day that Jake and I were sitting down with coffee to watch our kids open their presents.

"Here, and here," Seth said handing Leah and I each a present as he grabbed one for himself. We all opened the presents, and inside of them all were sweatshirts that said "Clearwater - Swan Wedding. July 17, 2018."

"What?" I asked, now fully awake.

"We're getting married," Sue said as if it was nothing.

"Sweet, we get to be siblings," I said, looking between Leah and Seth.

"This is amazing," Leah said. Seth voiced his agreement before remembering that there were more presents to be opened.

Over the course of the next hour or so, we all opened our presents and laughed at Seth's childish antics. Occasionally Leah and I would join in and encourage him before we were gently scolded to take it back a notch.

"We don't need our house collapsing on Christmas," Dad said, chuckling at us as Sue returned from the kitchen. She'd been making breakfast for us. She made homemade cinnamon rolls, and I was so ready to eat, but Seth was busy reciting "A Christmas Story" since he muted it. Leah and I occasionally jumped in, usually to voice the bullies. Leah and I also took a few videos that may or may not be used against Seth or sent to his girlfriend in the future.

"Guys, leave Seth alone," Sue said softly. Leah and I were too busy laughing to care if we were in trouble.

"Yeah guys, leave me alone," he said, but turned the volume back on and started to text Hadley. She must've gotten out of bed finally. I knew that she was coming over with her grandmother later today, and so was Jake and Billy. I couldn't wait to see Jake and spend Christmas with him, but I also couldn't wait to show him the videos of Seth. He'd find them as funny as we did.

"Breakfast," Sue said after a while. We all got our breakfast and sat around the living room eating and talking. After we finished breakfast, I headed to my room to get dressed and do some makeup.

"Leah, want some makeup?" I asked once I had finished getting ready.

"No thank you," she said, adjusting the new outfit that I helped Sue pick out for her.

"Do you like it?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's girly, but not too girly," she said.

"I'm glad you like it," I said. "So, we'll probably have to share a room, but we can redo mine if you want."

"Yeah, if that's what we're going to do," she said. I smiled, hugging her gently before returning to the family downstairs.