Chapter 28: Weak

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

"The night of 27, the night I walked without a plan"

My voice echoed in the small bathroom, my tears effortlessly streamed down my face as I rapped my feelings away.

"I stood under the streetlight, without knowing where to go"

The beating of my heart was torturously slow and my head throbbed in pain.

"The night of 27, I felt so pathetic"

I was wrong for believing that my friends would understand me, for them I'm the bad guy, the monster who took their happiness away.

"Felt like I would get caught if I opened my eyes"

What's the point of being around them if they believe I don't trust them? What's the point of being here if they still can't get over the fact that a lot of things change whether they like or not.

"Those faraway times, that night"

Why am I always on the wrong? Why am I the only one who's responsible for everything that happened to us? If they really wanted to be around each other they could, how could I possibly predict this would happen?

"I want to escape this place. I want to live as myself"

The constant knocking on the door didn't affect me. It only made me rap louder and louder in order to block all the sounds out.

"Before I get more cowardly, before I get scared, I want to be myself now"

The only thing I focused on was my breathing and the rhythmic tapping of my feet on the ground. I ignored the faint creaking of the door and the sound of high heels hitting against the bathroom floor.

"I endure through another day, irritated by the world once again"

My voice broke, my hands moved to my face, hiding the ugly tears.

"It was hard to be courageous and easy to give up"

A tall figure hovered above me.

"I counted, you better hide or I might find you"

I rapped louder as the figure crouched in front of me, their minty breath hitting the side of my face as they leaned in.

"Where did you hide? Wherever you go, it doesn't matter"

I let out a shaky breath as hands wrapped around my body, embracing me warmly.

"Now, one, two, three, four, again, five, four, three, two--"

I choked out getting too overwhelmed, their hug adding more to the feeling. Her hug.

"--The world calls me a tagger, that's why I covered my eyes"

She continued rapping where I left off, her soft but sexy voice echoing louder than my sobs.

"I used to be confused once but now I'm going my own way"

The figure continued placed her hands on top of mine and pulling them away from my face.

"If I count to ten and tomorrow comes, I'll shine even brighter"

It was her.

"I'll shine even brighter"

Momo rapped while wiping my tears and slightly smiling.

"You'll shine even brighter" she said one last time before gently cupping my face with her hands.

And then my heart skipped a beat, it felt kind of funny actually. I haven't experienced such a feeling before.

"You're not wrong Dubu" she whispered, grazing my cheek with her index finger "How could you possibly be?" she laughed.

That laugh.

I can never get enough of it.

"I know you feel betrayed by your friends" the woman started "They all feel weird" she said "I bet you too" Momo hugged me making my voice hitch "Everything happened so quickly, that's why they keep blaming you" the older spoke "They don't mean anything they've said, Dahyun" her voice was soothing, she was the only one who could calm me down so fast. "They're just scared that you might leave again, that's all" she reassured me slowly pulling away.

"B-But I--"

"Shh, I know, you won't" Momo placed her hands around my neck "Relax a bit and then we can go home, okay?" she said, helping me get up from the floor and near the sink.

"You like Mad Clown?"

"He's great" she replied moving my hair out of my face and holding it for me so I could wash my mascara-stained face.

"I'm sorry"

"Why are you sorry?"

"For crying..Crying is for the weak. I-I'm not weak"

"Crying is completely normal, Dahyun and it definitely doesn't make you look weak. You actually are the strongest person I know" she said looking at me through the mirror. We locked eyes for a second.

"I didn't want you to see me crying.. I'm pathetic"

"I don't think you're pathetic. In fact, I believe you're really beautiful when you cry" she chuckled, dragging me out of the bathroom, out of the cafè -which was completely empty, the girls must've left- and in her car.

"Let's go get some rest, yeah?" she smiled, starting the engine.

I simply nodded as my mind lingered on the words she spoke before we exited the store.

"In fact, I believe you're really beautiful when you cry"