𝟎𝟐 | 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐘

𝐞𝐩 𝟏𝟕

            𝐴𝐹𝑇𝐸𝑅 Adelaide hadn't returned any of Elena or Stefan's calls or text messages, the brunette doppelgänger had become worried. She had been trying to keep the Supernatural away from Adelaide's knowledge, not wanting to get her sister involved. It was bad enough that her younger brother was involved. But it had been hard, so she had decided to distance herself and make everyone else distance themselves too. But, only now was Elena starting to realise that maybe that wasn't the best idea. She knew that Adelaide was bound to find out someway at sometime. But she didn't expect it to be like this. God, she wasn't even sure Adelaide believed vampires were real she might have just thought they were all crazy or she was going crazy herself. All Elena knew was that she had to find her sister before having to go to this Lockwood thing Jenna had told her she needed to go too. So, she sent Damon and Stefan to try and help find Adelaide. She asked them to follow her scent, more so Damon because he was stronger at using his vampire senses than Stefan, and Adelaide was one of the few people Damon surprisingly cared about. 

Half an hour later, Damon found Adelaide's car wrecked and inside was the bleeding, unconscious Gilbert with shattered glass covering her - a few odd pieces stuck in her hand and forehead. Instead of taking her to the hospital like any normal person would do, Damon and bit into his wrist and shoved it to her mouth, letting his blood slide down her throat, he picked the glass from her hands and forehead so the cut's would heal as well. She started to heal, but didn't wake up. He called his brother to inform him where he was and that he was with Adelaide, and then he called Elena to tell her that he would be taking her sister to the Salvatore Boarding House. He carefully picked the girl up, using his vampire speed to get to the Salvatore house.

Adelaide woke up about an hour later with a migraine. She sat up and arched her back to stretch, rubbing her forehead with her hand. She opened her eyes to see that she was in the Salvatore Boarding House, and was laid on a couch. Her mind was a bit fuzzy but she tried to remember everything the best she could. She had been at home, painting, when she had heard voices coming from downstairs. She had tried to investigate, being the nosy and curious person she is, and saw not only Elena and John but Stefan and Isobel were there as well. A bunch of confusing things had been mentioned. Something about someone called Klaus trying to find Elena. Something about needing a safe house. She let out a panicked gasp when she remembered what they had also been talking about. John had mentioned the word vampires and didn't seem like he was joking. All she remembered after that was being in the car and losing control. She reached her hand up to her forehead trying to run her finger over any cuts she had felt before falling unconscious. The cut that was supposed to be on her forehead was gone, she didn't feel a thing. She checked her body for any scratches from the glass but found none. She was completely healed. Had the crash ever even happened? If not why was she here? 

"Well, look who's finally awake." A voice came from behind her. It was female. And sounded a lot like Elena's. Her head whipped around and there she saw Elena watching her, with an alcoholic drink in.

"Elena?" Adelaide's voice was croaky as it was dry and felt like sandpaper.
"Wrong. Guess again." The girl smirked. And that was when Adelaide knew that it couldn't have been Elena, but who else could it have been. It looked exactly like her sister. And her voice sounded the same as well. She shrugged, not knowing who she was.

"You don't know." The girls face fell and a look of realisation spread across it, before it turned back to a smirk.

"Know what?" Adelaide asked, standing up and standing in a defensive position.