A Walk Tonight

[Y/N]'s day at school turned out to be very uneventful. She still caught stares from a few of her classmates every so often, but Hitoshi's advice during lunchtime proved to be very helpful. Whenever she knew someone was staring at her, she would turn her attention to thinking about the happy thoughts, as what Hitoshi had said. Which were the piano and the progress she was making at her relationships with the people around her.

     School just ended, so she was currently exiting the building. As she was on her way to walk home and engrossed in her own thoughts, a loud commotion rang out near the school outside. She turned her head to the left to see a group of students crowding over something. Confusion mixed with curiousity made her hesitantly go closer to see what it was about.

     Before she could totally reach the huge crowd of students, a hand wrapped around her wrist and stopped her. She whipped her head around and was about to demand to be let go, but didn't when she saw it was Hitoshi.

     "Don't go over there," he warned her through the loud yells of the other students. "It's better if you stay away."

     "What is it?" she asked. "Why are there so many people over there?"

     "It's a fight," he answered. "Fights break out once in a while. It's not worth it to watch it. Come on, let's go home."

     She wordlessly did as he told her, for he was looking a bit stressed for some reason. Luckily, as they walked out of the school grounds, his stricken expression loosened up and he looked like back to his regular, contented self. She then remembered something. "Don't you have basketball practice? You should go back to the school."

     Hitoshi shook his head, his purple hair flapping around. "Not today. It got cancelled," he explained. "Because of that, I don't have much to do. Do you mind if I walk you home?"

     She gulped and took a glance at him. She somehow felt exhilarated at his offer. For once she was going to be walked home with someone....with a friend....and a boy at that. A boy who would walk home with her to get her home safely protected. Wasn't that something two people would do only after a date? Or maybe she was overthinking things. Why was she overthinking things? She usually doesn't.

     She snapped out of her thoughts and realized that Hitoshi's chocolatey gaze were on her, waiting for her answer. They had also stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. "Sure, I don't mind," she finally said.

     His eyes brightened up at those words and she knew she didn't regret her answer at all. "Then let's get going!" he cheered. "I don't know where your place is so you better make sure we don't get lost!"

     She nodded with a raise of her eyebrows. He always acted so childish whenever he gets super excited or happy. It was honestly refreshing for her to see, especially with the way she had been growing up. She grew real fast after her father died. "I'll lead the way," she declared.

     "Woohooo!" Hitoshi exclaimed, hopping up into the air with his arms raised. He then came up next to her and swung his arms around her neck. It startled her so much that her face flustered. He was....just so close to her...and...she could feel the strong biceps in his arm through his uniform which wrapped around her. She slowly looked up to see his face that was also near. He was smiling wide and his eyes were looking upward into the sky. She could see that his black, silky eyelashes were long and pretty.

     "Man, tonight would be a great night to drink," he murmured.

     Her forehead furrowed. "You've drank before?" she questioned him.

     He looked down at her and widened his eyes. They were still right next to each over and it was making her heart beat fast. "Oh yeah, right. You've never been to a party before. Okay then! I'll make sure to take you to one sometime! I promise."

     [Y/N] wasn't exactly sure if she wanted to ever try alcohol, but at this moment, she learned that she was willing to try anything as long as Hitoshi was beside her.