tommy shelby: inspector's daughter.

The words that your father had frequently spoken played in your mind as you sauntered over the cobbled pavement and towards the disreputable pub that you had been warned about. The best thing to do would have been to walk away and stop acting like a child, do the right thing and keep yourself out of trouble but the longing to rebel and go against your Father had become too much.

"Can I have a whiskey please?" you asked, brushing your hair from out of your face as you ordered your drink, the barman swiftly moving around the bar as he sorted your drink out.

You placed your handbag on the bar as you rooted through it, attempting to find some of the money that your father had left for you. It was meant to be for something practical, not to be wasted on booze at the one part of Small Heath you had been told to stay away from.

"I'll pay."

You turned your head to the side and smirked, recognising the man immediately from the files your father had left hanging around. As Tommy paid for your drink, you quickly scanned the pub and sighed in relief when you didn't say any familiar faces, you were safe for the time being.

"Here alone?" he asked, pushing your drink towards you with his finger.

Leaning the side of your body against the bar, you looked Tommy up and down, smiling at the way he slightly flushed because of your stare. When you looked away, Tommy took it as a chance to look you over, check for anything that would make him apprehensive and make him believe that you were only in his local so you could find out information and feed it back to your father.

"Yes, I am," you eventually answered, snapping your fingers in front of Tommy's face and bringing him away from the half-conscious state that he was in, his eyes caught on your expensive dress that seemed to be doing things to him.

Tommy licked his bottom lip before turning to face the bar, his stare focusing on the several bottles of liquor that were placed on the shelves. You mirrored his actions before grabbing a cigarette from your bag, your wrist flicking across the match box to light a flame.

"Not with your father?" Tommy asked as he took the cigarette you had offered him from your hands. Tommy looked over your fingers, smirking at the sight of no ring, not that it would stop him anyway.

"Obviously not. Are you here with your brothers?"

"Yeah, they are in the backroom." He nodded towards a door that you presumed led to the room he spoke off, a place where all of his dishonourable business deals and meetings went down when too many people were at the betting shop. "So, what brings you here?"

Briskly glancing at Tommy, you shrugged your shoulders. You knew why you was there, of course you did, but you weren't willing to admit that to the strikingly attractive gentleman you had only ever heard your father speak about. Just from the private documents and your fathers whispers as he spoke on the phone, you understood that Tommy was not a man that you would want to get on the wrong side with but like always, you felt the need to overstep the mark and you found some sort of amusement in playing with the gangster.

"I was bored."

"Looking for me?" Tommy dared to ask before flicking the ash at the end of his cigarette into the ashtray.

"No, just fancied a drink and you happened to be here. I wasn't to know that, was I?"

You were just relieved that Grace was not at work, your plan would be completely messed up and you would be sent back to Ireland without another word, cruel phrases from your father spoken as you boarded the boat to go back to your mundane life. You were positive that word would get back to your father somehow, his only daughter speaking with the infamous Tommy Shelby was some of the best gossip Small Heath would have seen in a while but you were prepared for the consequences of your actions, a plan already formed in your mind.