26.) Healing

RENAE
August 21st (Church)

"But I tell you this my friends, soul power and confidence comes from our one and only healer and provider, God." Apostle Jones preached.

"That's right!" Someone yelled and King chuckled, "If you believe and understand God to be a healer, a helper, a savior, a deliverer even your way maker, then there is nothing you won't believe you can accomplish in Jesus name, BUT if you take in the words of the enemy and believe that you are defeated or that God is against then my brother and sister, you will live defeated." He went on, King looked over at Renae seeing that she was trying to be all in but he could see right through her that her mind was elsewhere.

"Some of you may be sitting... no let me rephrase this, some of you ARE sitting here thinking "How can God hate me?" "Why isn't he answering me?" "I've been doing right by everyone but somehow I've been going through heartache and trials." He continued glancing at Renae who had her eyes to the floor.

"Some of you right now are sitting here asking yourself "Why am I alive?" "Why am I still here yet God is ignoring my prayers?" I bet you don't even know that you've been receiving help but your ears aren't listening for HIS word."

"You better say so!" Parishioner lady Joy shouted as she fanned herself.

"You may feel like God isn't on your side and that he may be ashamed of you." He spoke and Renae nodded slowly.

Karen looked over at King and just smiled.

They used to make church a priority when he was younger but as King got older he began to make his own decisions.

She prayed for his wellbeing and his protection knowing of the work he did in the streets, but to have her one and only son back in Church not only for himself but for the young lady that he loved so dearly, in her eyes Renae was alright with her.

"You ok?" King whispered seeing Renae wiping at her eyes.

Nodding, she tried to keep her eyes on the Apostle but her heart wouldn't allow her.

She was on the verge of breaking down and afraid of the outcome.

"How many of you have been feeling like you've been battling a constant fight with fear and felt as if God has just been watching you suffer?" He asked and most of the members raised their hands.

Karen looked over at Renae who kept rubbing at her arm.

Nudging Kingston, he looked over then at Renae.

Placing his hand on top of hers, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"I said! How many of you have been battling this ongoing fight with fear?!" Apostle Jones repeated this time a little louder.

Slowly, Renae raised her hand.

"And that my sister is ok, because as the scripture says "Jesus is continually interceding on my behalf." on YOUR behalf, he is continually interceding on YOUR behalf!" He preached pointing at Renae.

"I want you all to turn to Psalm one thirty nine, verse fourteen, we're gonna read it together."

Nodding, he waited for everyone to eat their Bibles and turn to the page.