27.) Tired of fighting

"What'd you just say?" King asked, startling the both of them.

"Uh oh." Karen mumbled excusing herself.

Nervous, Renae kept her eyes low as she rubbed her arm.

"Baybeh what'd you say?" He walked over and tilted her chin up.

Renae stared at him for a while as the tears rolled down her cheek. Lord knows her heart was pounding profusely in her chest. She was shocked her couldn't hear it. "I um... I love you."

A smile graced King's face, "Word?"

"I do... I always have," She admitted as he hugged her tightly. "I'm just scared," she began to cry.

"I'm not going anywhere Nae, I promise you dat ma. I'm here forever baybeh, aight?" He told her as he rubbed her back and she nodded.

"I ain't going anywhere ma, I got you." He promised placing a kiss on her neck then forehead and she smiled shyly.

"This is too much." Karen spoke standing in the background fanning her eyes and King and Renae laughed.

"Come on and get some love mama."

**

RENAE

"Are you going back to New Orleans soon?" Renae asked Kingston after she took a photo of his side profile.

Smiling at the photo, she went and saved it as her lock screen

"I had plans on going back for my birthday... would you like to come?" He asked glancing over at her and she smiled looking down at her phone.

"Do you want me to?" She questioned and he chuckled.

"I would like for you to be there." He admitted and she blushed.

"I'll come." She answered picking up the scriptures Karen gave her to read.

"You'll love it." He promised interlocking their fingers.

"What are you gonna do down there?"

"My niggas might want to throw me a lil club shit, but if you got plans I don't mind canceling." He told her.

"I never been to a club." She spoke more to herself.

"You'll love da one in Nola." He assured as he headed towards the interstate.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked getting serious.

"Wassup?" He replied.

"Will you teach me how to shoot a gun?" She asked hesitantly.

"If I teach you dat, I gotta show you how to street fight." He reasoned. "I'm ok with that." She replied putting the papers back.

"Do you think my nightmares will stop now?" She asked.