xxii. can? jealous? PFT.

Can was merely a 5-year old kid when his mother bought a toy for Lemon but came empty-handed when it was Can's turn to ask for a toy. Can simply shrugged when his Mae had profusely apologized to him. She was simultaneously crying and telling him she couldn't give Can a gift as she didn't have enough money.

Can, being the good older brother that he is, understanding their situation. Life was tough for them at that time, with his father suddenly leaving them for a younger woman and his mother having to work her butt off alone while taking care of her two young kids, Can definitely understood.

Can was definitely not jealous of Lemon. Never. He wasn't even jealous when his Mae obviously favored Lemon than him. Nor when Lemon was closer with Tar when they were kids. Not even when Vin used to talk to lots of girls back then, Can remained passive. He didn't think much about it.

For Can, jealousy is nothing but a mere emotion for people who are not contented with their own lives and Can is pretty much contented with his.

Can and jealousy never fit to be together. So if he's not known to get jealous...

Then why the fuck is Can burning with rage right now?!

Why the fuck does he want to gouge Tin's eye out with his pen just because Tin is smiling at the girl!? Why?!

Why the fuck is Tin even smiling in the first place?!

But why the fuck Can is worrying?!

Why the fuck is Can here again?!

Fuck.

Just fuck.

It is yet another time for their tutoring session at Tin's house. Earlier, when they arrived at Tin's house, they were so happy, just laughing at each other in their own little bubble but Pete had to be a prick and burst their bubble much to Can's irritation.

"Someone's here," Pete says wearing a smile of his own.

Tin frowns. "Who?"

"DaLi."

One word.

Tin's face immediately brightens, his face literally glowing as if the sun settled itself on his face. Tin is obviously frenzied and so he quickly enters leaving Can who could only gape watching Tin excitedly speaking to a girl their age.

What the fuck just happened?

"Who is she?"

"Tin's best friend."

Can feels a punch to the gut. It sounds foreign to him, hearing Tin close with someone other than his friends at the school. Worse, not just someone, but a very beautiful girl with a very beautiful smile.

Can frowns. "Oh."

Pete smiles seeing Can frowning. "Don't be jealous Can, it's still you for Tin."

"I am not."

Yes. Can's not jealous, he knows Tin will just have to speak at the girl very very fast and Tin will turn his back to Can again in no time. Tin will berate him again for not focusing on his work. Tin will cook for Can again. All Can needs to do is wait.

But almost an hour of waiting and doing every attention-seeking sound Can could think of, Tin remains speaking with the girl. Hell, Tin has never acknowledged Can's presence for once nor did he let that girl meet Can.

Can huffs and slumps on his seat when he sees the girl and Tin laughing to themselves, the girl's sweet laughs echoing inside the house. Can groans. Life is so unfair, even her laugh sounds so perfect aside from her pearly white teeth and her polished nails softly caressing her long silky hair, she looks really perfect. She also has a beautiful voice.