Fourty Five

Noel

After I came back into the house I just went into my room and sat on my bed with my face in my phone. I was texting liyah, late, letting her know that we were home but eventually she ended up calling me, telling me about a fight that happened at school.

"She fought that poor lil girl that wear the big book bag all the time" liyah told me while laughing a little while so tried to refrain from doing the same

" that's sad. That girl never bothered nobody"

"No, that's what she get! Hitting people while she walking with that big ass book bag on and catch an attitude when somebody say something"

"Well she did used to piss me off with that book bag on the bus when I went to school out there. Knocking people with that shit as she walked down the isle. One time I almost tripped her"

"SEE!" Liyah responded while she burst out laughing and I shook my head

"But I wasn't gonna beat the poor girls ass"

"Well she'll learn to either be careful with that bookbag or get a smaller one now"

"I hope she won't carry one like that when she go to college. Her back gone hurt like hell"

"Speaking of college.." liyah started "you thought about where you wanna go?"

"I know I'll be somewhere out here in Louisiana for a fact"

"Awe Kentrell won't let you leave will be?"

I smacked my lips and rolled my eyes "fuck him. I should piss him off and tell him I'm moving back to Arizona"

"Go ahead and try me if you want to" I could hear him say as he walked into the room. I looked over at him and rolled my eyes

"Oop. You know what. I'll just call you back"

"No you good. Me and him ain got nothin to talk about right now"

"You tryina act like that right now? Like I won't beatcho ass?" Kentrell said as he took his shirt off and stood over me with a mug on his face

"Anyways liyah I-"

Kentrell snatched the phone from me and put it up to his ear

"Bye liyah" he spoke into it before hanging up and put my phone in his pocket

"I swear you so fucking stupid" I fussed as I stood up, pushing him out of the way so I could walk off but he grabbed onto my hand and snatched me back

"Don't walk away from me. Fuck you think this is?"

I looked him up and down before snatching my hand away and started to walk off again "I think it's time for you to get out my face cause you ain't scaring shit"

He pulled me back yet again but this time he pushed me onto the bed

"I know you ain't mad cause I fussed at you for wearing them shorts outside. You knew that was gone happen"

"Kentrell you think I'm supposed to give a fuck about some shorts when I'm tryina keep somebody I love out of trouble!? You already know people don't wanna see you win so they're gonna try to get you out any way possible and it's like you just keep falling for it. Meanwhile I learned how you work when you upset over the past few months so I'm tryina keep you straight because I refuse to lose you again because of the system. You don't understand what that one month did so imagine if you get into some more shit, it could be longer next time!" I ranted, slapping my hands as I fussed.

"I already told you I ain goin back to jail-"

"You can say that but how do you know for sure Kentrell?"