3 | You can't escape the past

Year 2047, AlterLab

A scientist is working diligently on a technological experiment.

“Just one slight push. Just one.....” his hands trembled slightly. One of the paper on his desk contained a formulated technology, which can help a person to traverse in different realities of time. It was named as Ether Leap.

He carefully stored an unknown red gem inside the technology and once attached, it generated a stable pure energy of radiant light.

“Haha! Eureka!”, he jumped excitedly. “A perfect model!”

He walked back and watched the machine generate a portal with complete stability.

“Now onto the second stage”, he increased the energy of the machine. Ether energy started to swirl rapidly and the portal inched bigger than before.

“Quick tell me about the Ether stats”

The A.I. Quick responded to his command,
“Ether is stable. 76% link has been established to the designated place. Uniform flow is detected. No irregularities”

“Then we proceed to the third and final stage. Initiate traversing link and a safety pod”, he commanded.

“Initiating jump... Ether has completed the link and is 100% stable”, Quick responded.

The scientist attached an armour of an unknown metal. The armour was slim and looked edgy and sharp.

“Sir what are you wearing?”, Quick asked.

“It's Roshentine, the most durable, light and strong metal. It also has some mystical properties to store energy charge. And I'm going to use it upon the one, who took away something precious from me” , he grimaced.

“This time it shall work”, Quick replied.

“It WILL work!”, he confidently expressed.

“Sir the jump is ready. You can now travel safely”

The man looks up at his sister's photo emotionally before diving inside the Ether Leap.

“No matter how far you are John or which timeline you are in. Now I'll always find you”

He jumped inside and a green lightning filled his lab. The clocks hanging on the walls starts malfunctioning.

All the objects in the room, levitated in the air as the wormhole starts shifting him into another timeline. However, the G-force during the shift was so high that even the most prominent pilot would find it hard to go through.

But thanks to the Roshentine metal, he managed to go through the process harmlessly with a minimal G-force of 0.6 only.

[*G-force is the force you feel under acceleration.]

The shifting ends and he finds himself standing in the Central Park of NYC. He checked his environment and deduced that the experiment was a success. He got out of the Park and headed straight to where John's energy flow was last detected.

“Time to meet you John”, he walked out of the park.

***

At the same time, John let the steady flow of time continue. Everybody inside the office don't remember anything except the fact that they got only one week to complete their project.