Chapter 10: Care of Magical Creatures Vol. 2

Newt's P.O.V.

Me and Y/n just had our Deffence Against the Dark Arts lesson. Professor Dumbledore was my favourite teacher at Hogwarts. He is the best teacher in this school in my opinion. Y/n thinks the same.

Right now we are heading to Care of Magical Creatures lesson. It is going to be our last lesson that will be held in the castle. At the next lesson we are going to go to the Forbidden Forest to actually see some bigger creatures. But on today's lesson we are going to be shown some smaller ones. Isn't it exciting?

Also I have noticed that Leta LeStrange is having lessons with us, which is odd because she is a Slitherin. I know that she has been bullied a lot lately. I tried to figure out why but I really don't know. I haven't heard that she has broken any rules or something.

Y/n and I walked into the classroom and sat our usual spot prepared our things. Shortly after that Leta walked in and sat in the corner. Looks like she doesn't have any friends.

"Good afternoon, Class. As you know today is our last lesson in the castle. The next lesson will be held in the Forbidden Forest. But enough of that. Today we will be talking about smaller creatures like Puffskeins. Open your book at page 30, please."

I watched how Y/n opened her book and grabbed a peace of parchment. She stared sketching a Puffskein because sadly there were no pictures in the book.

Puffskein

Puffskeins are the size custard-colored creatures that are about the size and shape of a muggle softball. They are covered in a soft fur. The Ministry gives them a rating of XX. They are a popular pet and take very little looking after. The Puffskein is a scavenger, eating anything from leftovers to spiders, but it particularly likes to use its long thin tongue to eat wizards' bogeys while they sleep. The Puffskein is easy to care for, and they emit a humming sound when they are content.

• Feeding: They eat anything so it is basically finding out what your Puffskein likes to eat. Keep fresh water out for it all time.

Housing: They can be allowed to be loose in the house but it is best to offer them a litter box. Please make sure the litter is changed once a week. You can keep them in a cat carrying cage when you travel or going to leave them for the day.

Grooming: They do shed so it is best if you brush them at least once a week. They sould be bathed in a mild soap at least once a month. Use the same soap you would on a kneazle of mundane cat.

Augurey

The Augurey, commonly known as Irish Phoenix, is a thin and mournful looking bird. It closely resembles a vulture. It has greenish black feathers and an extremely sharp beak. It likes to hunt in the rain for the items of its diet. An Augrey's diet consists of insects, fairies and flies. They are an insanely shy creatures. So shy that they build their tear shaped nest out of thorns and brambles.

The Augrey is a native to Great Britain and Ireland. It can also be found in Northern Europe from time to time. For a long time it was believed that their mournful cry foretold death. Many wizards have died of fright after hearing the call of this bird. Wizards were so scared that they would go out of their way to avoid the nests of the Augrey. Many still do even though it has been discovered that an Augrey merely sings when it is about to rain.

Since the Augurey spends so much time in the rain itself feathers repel water so its easy to see why the feathers repel ink, making them useless as Quill feathers. The ministry gives the Augrey a rating of XX. Like a regular phoenix an Augrey has a burning day about every twenty five years.