𝐗𝐗𝐗. TWO DOWN

CHAPTER THIRTYTWO DOWN

CHAPTER THIRTY
TWO DOWN

§ § §

Harry, Hermione, Buckbeak, and I quickly made our way deeper into the forest, so we wouldn't get caught. Once we figured we were far enough, we settled down behind a set of large tree trunks.

"Now... what?" Harry panted.

"We save Sirius." Hermione says firmly.

Harry nods. "Okay... and how do we do that?

I sigh and slide down the trunk, resting on the ground. "We wait."

A little later, we moved more so we got a better spot. One with a clear view of the whomping willow. After waiting some time in that location, the branches began to move. Past Ron and I had already been pulled down, and I watched as past Harry and Hermione clung onto the flailing branches, and then slide down as well.

Moments later, Professor Lupin approached the branches. Lupin took a stick and poked a knot on the tree trunk. Instantly, the branches halted and the tree calmed. My eyebrows raised slightly.

"Wait til I tell Fred and George about that one." I smirked.

"Here comes Snape." Hermione whispered.

I cringed. "I'm looking at a year's detention with the stunt I pulled down there." I groaned.

"Sirius looked proud." Harry smiles a little, and I nod.

As Lupin disappeared into the gap at the base of the tree, Snape snuck his way down the slope. Harry sat down by a tree, in the space between roots, and sighed.

"And now we wait. "

Hermione nodded. "Now we wait."

As the hour passed, I watched as the sky grew from a grey blue, to an orange hue. Creatures of the Forbidden Forest started to stir, with their roars ringing out.

Harry broke the silence. "Giovanna... Hermione..."

"Yes, Harry?" I asked my brother, glaring at him for disturbing me while I had been playing with Buckbeak.

"Before, down by the lake... When Giovanna and I were with Sirius. I saw someone, well, two people. They made the dementors go away. I'm not crazy." Harry says slowly. I sit by him.

"No, you're not. I saw them too." I agree. "With patronuses."

"I heard Dumbledore talking about it." Hermione explains. "But he said that the full body patronuses were so powerful, therefore only really powerful wizards could've conjured them."

"It was our parents." Harry says instantly.

I looked sharply at him. "You can't just say that-"